jumpinjenna

What is the absolute palest foundation and concealer available?

I am currently using Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet in 15, but it is still a shade too dark for me. I even tried MUFE's full cover concealer in 1 and that is at least 2 shades too dark for me. I have transparent skin with pink/blue undertones. Ideally I am after an oil-free foundation as I have combo/oily skin, and a sheer to medium coverage. 

In MAC terms I think I am a NW05? Also I know for a fact that Nars Siberia is way too yellow for me.

but yeah, I am just super pale and any bit of redness from acne is annoyingly prominent, so suggestions of concealers would be best, but either way I would appreciate any help I can get!

Here is a picture of me for reference.

pale as.jpg

Thank you for your help!

jumpinjenna

Re: What is the absolute palest foundation and concealer available?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all your suggestions! Will definitely have a look at them all.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with cover fx, their concealer looks ghostly white! 

Thanks again though! :smileyhappy:

orkira

(0) Hearts

I have found that the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation is shade 2 is really really pale.  I have pink undertones and am extremely pale and this foundation matches me perfectly and it covers up my redness on my nose, cheeks, and chin wonderfully.  I have yet to find a concealer pale enough so I can not help there.

jumpinjenna

Yeah I've tried the Skin Base Foundation in shade 2 and it is like exactly the same shade as MUFE 15, so it was just a bit too dark. 

Thanks though. :smileyhappy:

orkira

(0) Hearts

You could mix shade 1 with it then.  Just a thought.

emmaclaire

THIS!!  I'm absolutely in LOVE with Illamasqua Skin Base.  For reference, I am too pale for Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, Estee Lauder, or Lancome.  Illamasqua also makes a pure white Skin Base foundation which is absolutely wonderful as a color corrector if you've found a GREAT foundation that's too dark - just mix in a few drops of the white foundation and voila!  Pale match!

HMNewbie

(0) Hearts

I'm in touch.  If someone made a shade called bluer-than-death-pale, I'd buy it.  Instead, I use DiorSkin Nude in Ivory 010.  It's the only thing I've found that doesn't look yellow or oxidize on me. 

You're beautiful!!!  Wish I had that red hair to go with my white skin!

starletta8

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I feel your pain!

My loves:

• Bobbi Brown- Alabaster (go straight to Bobbi Brown first- there's more of a chance of things matching!)
  • NARS- Mount Blanc (and Siberia covers those with yellow undertones- I was very surprised at loving NARS foundation- but still doesn't hold a candle to my beloved BB that I have three different formulas in!)

Bobbi Brown is my true color match- there are so many different formulas that you're almost guaranteed to find one that you love.

Do not even try:

• Dior Airflash- they're all too dark
  • Benefit- all too dark
  • Clinique- I couldn't find one light enough
  • MUFE- I had a lot of problems with oxidation, pulling it too dark

Awesome light concealers:

• Lancome- in Ivoire
  • NARS Creamy Concealer- Chantilly (my current love)
  • Benefit Boi-ing in #1 (I can wear this as a foundation it's a great match- better for winter on my skin)

ETA: Just re-read your post and saw you've tried Siberia.  Try Mount Blanc in terms of undertones in the Sheer Glow.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I second everyone's Lancome recommendation, but I wanted to mention that Sephora carries limited shades.  The one I wear -- Ivoire 1N, the lighest shade in the Teint Miracle formula -- isn't on offer from Sephora, so I buy it from Lancome (either a department store counter or their website).  It looks like we have a similar complexion -- scarily pale redhead ;-) -- so it may work for you.

I've also had good luck with the Tarte 12-Hour BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair.  I know it's a BB cream, but the color is basically off-white and it definitely counts as sheer-to-medium coverage.  It's probably the most accurate shade match I've had and it performs quite well on combo skin.

Now, for shades I've not actually purchased but have heard great things about and keep playing with in store, I keep coming back to Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Alabaster.  Definitely see if you can check it out in store because BB runs a little yellow, but it's the palest foundation I've ever seen.  I just can't justify the price tag yet when the Lancome Teint Miracle is working so well for me.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi jumpinjenna, it can be hard to find a good match for very pale skin!  Here are some recommendations on the lightest colors of oil-free makeup.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Even Better Makeup SPF 15-  Alabaster or Linen

Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15.jpghttp://bit.ly/12yIWyM

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free- Vanilla

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free.jpghttp://bit.ly/T0REqG

Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free- Alabaster Tint or Extra Light Tint

Bobbi SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free.jpg

http://bit.ly/Xk1elb

Lancome TEINT MIRACLE- Ivoire 2C

Lancome TEINT MIRACLE.jpg
http://bit.ly/11LrYDA

starletta8

(0) Hearts

As a point of reference, I wear Bobbi Brown Alabaster and couldn't find Clinique light enough for me!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Hello, fellow Ginger!  I've had the same exact trouble for years, and I've found Lancôme has a really great shade range in all of their formulas.  It's the only brand ill wear now because I don't have to blend down onto my neck anymore!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • jennypenny1995
    • lovelyred139
    • starletta8
    • HMNewbie
    • orkira