nanonan

What is a good touch-up/end of the day pick-me-up powder for combination dry skin?

(0) Hearts

I am currently using the Ole Henrickson CC cream and set it with the MUFE HD white powder and really love both products because it makes my complexion look really smooth and even toned. 

However, before the end of the workday I find the products wearing off and they are not as travel friendly as I would like.  I want to find a powder that I can use as a touch-up powder or even as a compact foundation/powder that I can use in one step before heading out for a night out straight from work.  I have combination dry skin.  Thoughts?

NikkiShops

Re: What is a good touch-up/end of the day pick-me-up powder for combination dry skin?

(0) Hearts

I've been using the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish foundation powder every day as my main foundation.  I have very dry skin and this product does *not* dry me out nor does it show flakey patches of skin.  I do use a heavy moisturizer first though (FAB).  This powder has buildable coverage so you could definitely use something like this with a light hand for touch up purposes.  It also works great if you layer it on for a more medium coverage.  My skin feels so silky with this product and looks flawless.

I believe there's still an active promo for the sample of this product if you spend like $25 or more online I think?  It's LMSMOOTH.  This way you could try it first before committing to a full size.

carolang

Re: What is a good touch-up/end of the day pick-me-up powder for combination dry skin?

(0) Hearts

I like the ready touch up veils by bareMinerals.. I use the translucent in terms of oil control and resetting... But maybe you'dfind one of the new colored ones beneficial? I am planning on getting the medium one for the same reason! They aren't foundation they are a pressed setting powder with some color.

mpolansky

I have the tinted setting powder and I love it. It's in between a white setting powder and a powder foundation. The woman who was helping me said it would transfer no color, but I find that it does give a slight tint (I mean it is called a tinted setting powder after all). But I love it for that exact reason. Gives me a little color without getting cakey. I'll second this product.

melissabt

Hi Nanonan-

Have you ever tried using a blot powder? I like always recommend them because, they usually are colorless or have a hint of color. It's great if you already like the look of your foundation and just want something to remove access oil and shine.

http://www.sephora.com/blotting-powder-P376286?skuId=1452457

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • nanonan
    • carolang
    • NikkiShops
    • mpolansky