michjkim

What is CC cream?

melissabt

Re: What is CC cream?

Hi Michjkim,

A CC cream refers to Complexion Corrector. They still have added ingredients to even out skintone and 'correct' the over all appearance of the skin. Right now we have two different CC creams:

Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

http://www.sephora.com/cc-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-30-complexion-corrector-P378194?skuId=1502897 &om_mmc=oth-bt-2013-beautyadvisorrec

Dr. Jart+ CC Essence Balm

http://www.sephora.com/cc-essence-balm-P378192?skuId=1512953&om_mmc=oth-bt-2013-beautyadvisorrec

<3 Melissa
ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

The short: the new way that companies try to get money from you.

The long: It is basically the next generation of BB cream (if you don't know what BB cream is, search BeautyTalk, it's been discussed extensively). Just like how Tinted moisturizers offers the sheerest tint and hydrates a bit, Blemish/beaty Balm cream took it one step further by offering a sheer/med coverage tint and skincare benefit like antioxidants/anti-aging stuff in addition to basic hydration. CC stands for color/complexion correcting and offer almost as much coverage as foundation but in creamy fancy moisturizer form. If you like the coverage of the foundation but also want skincare benefit of fancy moisturizer with it, CC cream is where it is at.

My personal opinion? just get a really good moisturizer and apply foundation on top, but that's mostly because my skin changes (oily in the summer, dry in the winter), I need moisturizer on my whole face but coverage only on certain areas. Maybe I will jump on the band wagon when they come out with DD or EE cream. jk.

michjkim

(0) Hearts

Lol, :smileyvery-happy:  Well, thanks for the explanation, guys.  I think I might try the CC cream cause my complexion really, really needs it!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • michjkim