ambertralala

What eyeshadow colors should I use when wearing a mint green top?

(0) Hearts

I'm going to dinner tomorrow and I wanted to wear one of my new mint green tops but I don't know which one I'm wearing yet. One shirt is mint green and the neck lining is navy, and the other shirt has mint and white vertical stripes with a white collar.

Which eyeshadow colors would match best with these shirts? I have dark brown/black hair. My skin is a medium golden tan shade (the foundation I use is either Urban Decay - Naked #7, Makeup Forever HD Foundation #153, or bareMinerals Matte Foundation in 'Medium Tan'). I have brown eyes.

ambertralala

Re: What eyeshadow colors should I use when wearing a mint green top?

(0) Hearts

swfupload_4842148731763448421.jpgHere's how the shirt looks. This was the only closeup of the shirt I could find and btw that is not me in the pic.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I'm going to go with a beat of a different drum on this one- I think a cooler tone shadow( gray or silver) color on your lids would look great. The black accenting can go either way though

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm with Roxystar- I'm a huge fan of greys- or golds- depending on your jewelry.

lylysa

Try shades in the Eye Shadow Trio from Stila:

swfupload_7562098764524692311.jpgBenefit's It's Complicated (golden peach):

swfupload_2487890232071403622.jpg

Urban Decay's X or Free Love:

swfupload_8769692572766437252.jpgswfupload_45066680171920859.jpg

Lorac's Starry Eyed Baked Trio in Star Studded:

swfupload_5576809835247805575.jpg

These are all going to be soft neutrals that will enhance your complexion and compliment the vibrant mint without overloading your look or distracting away from your wardrobe.

wendyomgwar

i would do a light champagne eye, and if you have it a pop of a nice sparkly mint in the inner corners! You could always go with a navy liner too.

poshified

I love matching eye makeup with whatever I'm wearing, so my vote goes to mint and navy makeup of some sort :smileyhappy:

tashalicious

i would wear blue eye shadow because it compliments brown eyes and it goes well with the colors you've mentioned.

kalex

I would love to see that mint and navy top!  Mint is definitely the color of the summer.

Brown/bronze shades were the first to pop into my head too!  The gold shimmer in bronze will really look great against your tan skin.

Though you didn't ask, if you're going to paint your nails I'd go with coral.  I love the way my coral toes look against my mint green flip flops!  :smileyhappy:

miabt

Ohhhh, a bronze/gold would be beautiful!  Great suggestion sephoralovex!  If you didnt want to do a bronze look, a brownish smokey eye would look amazing also...  especially with your golden tan :smileywink:

xo, Mia

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

I'd say a bronze-y makeup look would be great. I know YT has great bronze eye makeup tutorials. OR if you dont mind a smokey eye, I'd recommend doing a very light one with maybe light and dark gray colors instead of black.

Also I do recommend to tone down the rest of your face makeup (blush,bronzer,lips) IF you plan on doing a very dramatic eye look :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kalex
    • sephoralovex
    • wendyomgwar
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4