alphakatt

What color????

(0) Hearts

I am currently using a 3.5 in UD Naked skin and (believe it or not) I range from F0 to F2 in Smashbox Heathly FX foundation. What color should I choose for Lorac Natural Performance Foundation?

alphakatt

Re: What color????

Yes it does...

Question on tone... I get told all the time that I am yellow/golden undertoned and also cool/ pink.... I can never get it straight... When I use UD Naked Skin in 3.5 it looks good but just a tad on the dark side.. I have to blend it out.. but just a bit ago I was going to wear my Smashbox Healthy FX in F2 and OMG..,.really dark and  would have to say sort of orangey.. the last time i had it, it did not look like that... and this is a new bottle.... should I go down to F1 or am I picking the wrong stuff. If I do the vein test I am blue/green.. lil more blue... I have been told to that I was a NC20 in MAC but I looked sickly.... Note ... I was also told too that I was a NW20 as well... suggestions....

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

OK well you certainly cannot be an NC20 and an NW20 I mean no way. So on the smashbox healthy are you supposed to shake the bottle before use, sometimes that helps, but I would say that you have a pretty fair complexion.So I think going down to F1 would be better, when you sample or whatever your foundation should match your skin perfect or almost perfect. Go outside in the natural lighting if you have to. On the vein test blue does mean cool but with blue/green it's normally neutral. So to me without seeing your actual face I'm gonna say cool neutral. Sorry so long  but I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

alphakatt

(0) Hearts

Your fine and I think sometimes it depends on lighting in the store. When I was younger I usually wore an ivory( not to say that was right). I know when I tried a 2.0 in UD my honey told me I looked orangy ( gotta love a guys honeslty) and I know I could not be both. I wonder though if I was a true NW20 then ... isn't that cool toned in MAC? so then I would be ok on the UD 3.5... just need to figure out the other. I wish LORAC had a way to determine on there site but I have not seen it. Thanks for your insight.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Well I just meant I can't believe that you had people telling you that you were both,:smileyhappy: NW is a warm/neutral shade because I'm a NW25 to NW30 and I have a darker complexion. Your definitely a cool because the 3.5 in Urban Decay is a light skin tone,beige with slight pink undertones. After going to Lorac's sight to look at the true shades I would definitely say NP3.

alphakatt

Oh I agree.. the first time I ever went to MAC I was told NW20, then when I was told by friends I was too yellow ( I think ) then I was an NC20.. I was thinking... really... same has happened at Sephora.. so I am real confused sometime. LOL

beautylovingirl

The color variation on all of these are so different, the closest match to me would be the NP1, all the others look to dark.Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • alphakatt