eirini

What brushes should I get?

(0) Hearts

I once got my makeup done at Sephora and the lady there told me that brushes sold in kits, tend to have bristles and should be avoided. So, can someone tell me which brushes to get that are good quality, soft and long lasting and useful. I've gotten a few from Sephora in the past that don't have enough bristles or are not soft enough etc. I would like suggestions for good brushes for everything from a powder brush, to foundation, to eyeshadow base, to eyeshadow crease brush, to blush, luminizer etc. Thanks!

lylysa

Re: What brushes should I get?

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for brushes, check out this thread, myself and other posters gave a huge range and break down on brushes, their type, and even what they're made of. It's a great place to start with a list of what to browse through by brands ranging in all prices:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face-Q-A/Makeup-Brushes-as-Gift/qaq-p/406041

mafan

(0) Hearts

I agree, if you can find a set with a good rating and the brushes you want, start with a set. I got the airbrush set and I love it. I loved the results when one of the makeup artists used the concealer brush on me and when I compared prices of the set vs the brush the set made so much sense, especially since I had no foundation brush. I use it daily and the case is sturdy enough for me to tuck in other brushes I want to take along. 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Eirini,

I actually think that getting a set is the best value! Especially if you are looking for different types of brushes. I highly recommend the Sephora Collection Rose Gold Mineral Brush Set.

This set contains:
- Powder/contour brush
- Stippling brush
- Smudge brush
- Liner brush
- Allover shadow brush

http://www.sephora.com/rose-gold-mineral-brush-set-P309107?skuId=1404862

or the Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair Professional Brush Set.

http://www.sephora.com/teddy-bear-hair-professional-brush-set-P48515?skuId=937946

<3 Melissa
arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I agree with real techniques. I don't know about the face brushes, but the eye brushes are just wonderful. Never had a problem with shedding and they are very soft!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

And check out Sigma! They have some great brushes, they are alittle pricey as a set but individually they aren't bad.

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I love Real Techniques Brushes, super affordable and great quality. They don't shed and they last a long time. I suggest getting those in a kit. I think a must have for eyeshadow is a Mac 187, super fluffy, and its great for everything. Love that brush.

eirini

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of this brand but just went on their website. Wow, they are super affordable. Are the really the quality of expensive brushes? And they really stay soft and are dense enough? Thanks for the help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt
    • eirini
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • bananachoox3