karolinaa

What are some of the best Dior products?

(0) Hearts

Hello!

I am getting my makeup for prom done at Dior and I am very excited! The thing is, there is a 50 dollar minimum purchase and I do not know what product to invest in. I am looking for something that is the best/unique at Dior. Kind of like the gel liner at bobbi brown, makeup brushes at mac or urban decay's eye primer.

I would like to stay close to the $50 dollar minimum -either one product, or a combination of 2. 

thank you in advance! 

beautylovingirl

Re: What are some of the best Dior products?

(0) Hearts

@connieconcon-Beautifully said!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

onomotopoeia9- It's pretty simple though if your darker complected the amber diamond looks better and if your lighter complected the Rose Diamond looks better. It looks different on everyone I'm sure but those are the general rules given by Dior to figure it out.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Dior's Shimmer powders are going to be just like bronzers/ blushes you can use these colors alone or together,but I also have their blush in passion fruit and love it. I wasn't too impressed with Dior's Brushes. I would definitely go with a five color shawdow palette, Extase or Dior Iconic Overcurl mascara, or the Dior Addict or Dior Extreme Addict lip colors and believe me Dior products will excite you no matter what. I have a lot of Dior makeup and I'm never disappointed but just one of their items will be all you get for 50.00. Also you may want to purchase something that the MUA uses on you. Have a blast!

karolinaa

very informative, thanks for all your help! 

karolinaa

(0) Hearts

what about their bronzers/blushes? would that be worth getting at dior?

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I personally don't use them- and while I'm sure they're nice, they're not considered "something that is the best/unique at Dior" per your first post.

poemelyric

My faves are DiorShow Mascara and Dior Addict lipstick.  J'Adore by Dior is also a pretty classic fragrance too...

connieconcon

So exciting!!

I love the Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond.  The pictures on the Sephora website doesn't do it justice.  It's a really finely milled pressed high lighter.  It doesn't settle into any of my pores and it imparts a very soft glow.  :smileyhappy:  I use it to highlight my brow bone, and occasionally my cheek bones too.  I'm pretty oily so I can't do the cheeks every day.  Depends on the weather. :smileywink:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

love the shimmer star! they only have two color options, though, so its a hit or miss.

carolang

Diorshow black out mascara! Great for drama and volume. I am sure they will use something on you that will pique your interest! But you can't go wrong with a mascara from Dior. Maybe that and the balm!

onomotopoeia9

My two dior faves are the lash primer and lip glow!

I think those two are fantastic, and pretty exclusive to dior. (of course there are similar products, but there in my opinion are the best quality)

karolinaa

(0) Hearts

thanks!

miabt

Hi karolinaa,

Dior is a fantastic way to spend that $50!  Were you looking for something skincare or makeup?  You really cant go wrong with either :smileywink:

I agree with starletta8 on the Lip Addict Products.  The Lip Glow is a staple in my makeup bag!

Dior Addict Lip Glow

Another great splurge is the Diorshow Iconic Mascara or the Overcurl.  Both are ah-may-zing!!  

Diorshow Iconic Waterproof MascaraDiorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara

In terms of skincare, I always have the Hydra Life Pro Youth Comfort Creme on my vanity.  I think you'd love it!

Hydra Life Pro-Youth Comfort Crème

Have fun at your prom & happy shopping!

xo, Mia

karolinaa

(0) Hearts

i was thinking more makeup, but im really liking the lip glow, thanks!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

$50 at Dior is easy!

I happen to be a sucker for their Addict Lipstick ($31) and glosses ($29.50).  Then, there's always the incredible Lip Glow ($31), the balm that can't be beat.

Their nail polish ($24) is also great.

And how could I forget the best lash plumper/primer of all time?  Diorshow Lash Maximizing Serum ($28).  For many, many ladies, their mascaras can't be beat either.

karolinaa

(0) Hearts

thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • poemelyric
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt