yazim

Wedding skincare

I'm getting married in a week, any skincare recommendations for a clear glowing face? Masks? Night creams? 

yazim

Re: Wedding skincare

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! My roommate recommended glamglow and it was magic!! :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

Congratulations, yazim!  I agree with krunce and aviscardi and possibly try a polishing scrub like lylysa suggested.  My best advice to brides is wear their usual makeup, but with a heavier hand (like stage makeup) and use a lip-liner all over your lips or a lip stain. Adding highlights and contouring will create a more dramtic effect.  Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, and you will glow from within!

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Yazmin,

Congratulations to you! This is such an exciting time:smileyhappy: I agree, if you are ready to try something new just be very careful with trying a new regiment. However, if you want to try a new skincare line, I highly recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buster Kit.

This set contains:
- 2 oz Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Wash
- 1 oz Blemish Buffing Beads
- 0.5 oz AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel
- 0.25 oz Acne Spot and Area Treatment
- 0.25 oz. Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel

It used glycolic and salicylic to help smooth skin and kill the acne causing bacteria on your skin.

peter blemish kit.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/blemish-buster-kit-P276307?skuId=1305978

I also recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads as a toner. Try using it every other day because it is a strong treatment!

gentle pads.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/gentle-complexion-correction-pads-P114901?skuId=784611

<3 Melissa
krunce

Congratulations!!!

Personally, I would recommend you not try any new products the week before your wedding, lest you break out. Dive into your stash of tried and true masks and creams that you use regularly, and just use them more often.

aviscardi

I agree, a week is close. When i got married i stayed away from anything new and just used my own stuff regularly... extra eye cream and moisturize to really nourish my face.. body scrubs etc.

lylysa

Good points by both Krunce and Aviscardi.

You don't want to take a risk or gamble for a wonderful payoff with it being so close to your big day. It's better to play it safe than sorry in a case like this, but you might try using a gentle exfoliant (Boscia's Facial Smoothing Polish) to gently buff off dead skin cells to perk up your complexion and have your complexion and skin texture be even and at its best!

Congrats!!! :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

I'd us. murad's Pomegranate Mask 2-3 days before.  You don't want to try too much new in case you're sensitive to it.  That mask is divine and very gentle!

yazim

(0) Hearts

Oily skin. Prone to breakouts (esp when stressed) and large pores. I just want a little more radiant/glow, it looks a little dull now. I live in chicago and its just bad for your skin!

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Yazim Congratulations! How would you describe your current skin condition?  What products are you using?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • yazim
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa