camilamies

Wedding day: Traditional makeup or Airbrush makeup???

(0) Hearts

777cb16111c7fe94478680ff9ee6e218.jpgHi you guys!!! Just wanted to ask what do you prefer, airbrushed makeup or traditional for wedding days?? Im getting married in summer (Chile) very hot weather! So I was curios about your preferences for summer weddings and the pro and cons to both of them! Hope you can help me!!! I don't have so much skin problems but I do have a little bit of rosacea and I do know that I will cry a lot because just thinking about my wedding day makes me want to cry!!! So very emotional! So I need the best waterproof and loooong wearing makeup I can find!

Photo: wearing MUFO HD Foundation and a little bit of NARS bronzer (I went to the hair saloon and I notice that my makeup didn't last longer than 5 hours yesterday!)

camilamies

Re: Wedding day: Traditional makeup or Airbrush makeup???

(0) Hearts

Either way (traditional or airbrush) I will have a MUA doing it! I dont know ig here in Chile much MUAs do airbrush makeup, I own one, but If I decide to go for the airbursh I will search for one that have experience so it looks good! Thank you for the advice!

Kiki1517

You are gorgeous, no matter what you choose, you won't need much :smileyvery-happy: 

One question, are you doing your own makeup or having an MUA do it?

If you go with airbrush, make sure it is silicone or alcohol based, I use Temptu S/B in my kit which is transfer resistant. Alcohol based is the strongest, but also harder to remove. Anything water based (like Dinair or OCC) will come right off. 

Either way, set with a translucent powder and you should be just fine. 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi camilamies,

I recommend trying Diorskin's Airflash Spray Foundation for your wedding day.  I like to lightly mist my skin with this foundation and then blend in with a damp Beauty Blender. This foundation is not waterproof, but it has incredibly lasting power. 

I set this foundation with a mattifying powder. My favorite setting powder to use with this foundation is Make Up For Ever's Super Matte Loose Powder. I like using this powder when I know I  am going to need my foundation to last for hours. 

After I have finished applying all of my powders including bronzer and blush, I will mist my entire face with Urban Decay's All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. This spray locks all of your makeup in and keeps your entire face budgeproof. :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
camilamies

Thank you so much! I LOVE UD setting spray and for sure will look into Diorskin Airflash spray! Thank you!!

camilamies

Thank you!! I also own a Temptu but Im not sure if you can use traditional make up over it? To contour or so? Or If you want to apply bronzer or highlighter, or you must own all those products "airbrush" to have a good result?

Hope you can help me, thank you!!

RandeeBT

One of my friends used the Temptu Airbrush device for her wedding and she used other brands for her blush, bronzer and highlighter. Her makeup looked fantastic all day (it was an outdoor summer wedding in hot California sun) The brand Temptu recommends using their brand for your entire face, but I have found that using other products alongside this device definitely works just as well. :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
camilamies

That sound great!! I will try it on and look what happens!! Thank you!!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I love your hair!! It's so pretty!

Okay now for makeup, I must say, Airbrush makeup isn't absolutely necessary, But there's nothing like it!

I own a Temptu Airbrush and when i wear it, it's amazing! No transfer at all if i wipe my face with a napkin or something, It really last so well on my skin. I don't prime or anything when i wear it cause it's just not needed. 

You get such flawless makeup, which is what I think you really might want on your wedding day. I'm not sure about other brand Airbrushes, But i have had my makeup done by a MUA who used the OCC one. And it last so well and didn't wear off till i took it off! I think it's the way to go, Unless you have a foundation that you find really last well on your face. As for hot/Humid weather, I live in South Texas, And it is very HUMID! And i've sweated like crazy with the Airbrush makeup on and it still looks great! You could always experiment with different foundations, but if nothing works, it's worth checking into an Airbrush!

CourtnieGlam

(0) Hearts

Wow, you're beautiful! 

I had my make up airbrushed for a summer time prom and didn't keep it because I hated it so much. It may have been the person applying it - who knows. From what I am seeing now, you look stunning with traditional makeup! I would recommend using a foundation without SPF because it will give you a white cast in photos. Jaclyn Hill has great summertime tricks for foundation! Check her out on YouTube!

Hugs to you Xo 

camilamies

(0) Hearts

You are so nice! Thank you :smileyhappy: I will check her youtube channel! 

Spoiler

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Here's a video from Pixiwoo where Nic gives you some tips for summer weddings!

Totally off topic, but Chile just had like, 7 big earthquakes in the past few days. I hope no one is hurt. Pray for Chile!

camilamies

Thank you so much for your prayers :smileyhappy: I live far away from the earthquake but its pretty sad what happened, especially for those who lost their homes! Kisses and thank you :smileyhappy:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Beautiful! Don't have much advise as I am still in search of a foundation for HOT/HUMID weather.

But is your hair naturally curly? If not what are you using for those curls?

Thanks ;-)

camilamies

(0) Hearts

My hairdresser only used the hairdryer and the diffuser, and also a little bit of 
REWIND 06 Redken to give the definition needed! I don't have 100% curly hear, but a little bit :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • Kiki1517
    • hackneyfl
    • andyhtrieu
    • camilamies
    • RandeeBT