Answer
stuntdouble
Wavy Hair

Hi, I have slight waves in my hair (resembles a frizzy bed head) and since I'm trying to grow my hair out, I'd really like to stop straightening/damaging my hair. my hair currently reaches my mid-back but I still want it longer. I'm wondering which product would be good to use to accentuate my wavy hair without making it crunchy/hard. If my hair was less frizzy I feel like the waves would look better and it could be my everyday style. Thanks for your input!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
arielaaaaaaaa
Answered

I recommend an oil designed to help with frizz, any brand you like, i'm a fan of Redken and Alterna's Kendi Oil. And you shuold loook into a soft mousse, Redken has a line for wavy hair, and it has a mousse, but it's a soft one, not hard and crunchy, it will keep your hair nice and hopefully frizz free. 

lylysa
Answered

Since it appears it's firstly the frizz that you're wanting to tackle to make your waves more manageable, try looking into Living Proof's No Frizz collection. The shampoo and conditioner are suitable for all hair types (regardless of texture) and is silicone and wax free, so it won't dry out waves (which dryness will lead to more frizz) and keeps hair weightless (so it won't bogg down your waves). Rather than use silicones and waxes to smooth and tame hair, it uses what is called polyfluroesters to make hair more manageable and enhanced.

My hair is wavy and super long, and I noticed that my waves looked much more defined and no as unruly after using the shampoo and conditioner. The LP No Frizz products are great to get control over issues with texture and then to further enhance your waves, look into styling products that the girls below have mentioned from Ouidad, Bumble & Bumble, along with Redken's Curvaeous line (I use their products as well, they have a variety of styling products depending on formulations you like), Ouidad (makes a great wave enhancing/beach spray), Deva Curl (designed for wavy/curly hair), and even Carol's Daughter's Milk line. Try using a soft styling cream to keep hair touchable or a light texturizing spray to not weigh hair down.

1930sbella
Answered
(0) Hearts

I forgot to say after running the brush through and then twistitn the hair, just let it unroll itself again.

1930sbella
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have slightly wavy hair aswell. If you want to go product free here is what I suggest.I just use a nice shampoo and then use conditioner for the lower half of my hair.When I get frizz or my hair just looks super fluffy I usually wet my brush run it through my hair a couple of times, twist my hair really tightly, and its all good :smileywink:. If your out and about and its getting crazy again, just twist it really tightly and then let it unroll itself and it looks fine. Hope this helps.

Jjp0423
Answered
(0) Hearts

My hair is exactly like this!! I go back and forth all the time with styling my hair: curling iron, straight and natural. But I have found that on my natural hair days, I only comb my hair with a wide tooth comb, wrap it up in a towel to absorb a lot of the moisture, and then put a leave in conditioner as I would a mousse or gel. Then I just scrunch as normal and let it air dry or I will diffuse it. Once dry, I spray a spray gel, meant for curly hair, to control whatever needs controlling.

Chillz2013
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also have the same problem. While I was at the hair salon I picked up a magazine that focused on wavy to curly hair and one of the products they had mentioned was Ouidad Curl Recovery Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Styling Primer. It's a little pricy but they gave great reviews. Also 100% pure coconut oil is great hair the frizzy. Hope this helps.

kalex
Answered
(0) Hearts

You just described my hair!  I often straighten but like you have cut back and started letting my hair be "natural".    On my non-flatironing days I work a leave-in conditioner or hair oil (to calm frizz) into my hair and let air dry.  (Often I will use a mousse as well to further define my wave but "crunch" is always a risk and I don't have a no-crunch recommendation.)  Once dry, I mist all over with a beach spray and scrunch lightly.  The less you touch/mess with your hair the less frizzy it will be I've discovered.

liveinlovexx
Answered
(0) Hearts

My hair is a lot like yours, and I too use gel's or mouse to kind of keep the shape, and keep it somewhat frizz free. I did hear amazing reviews about the Bumble and Bumble curl concious defining creme. I personally have not tried it, but it is worth a shot! Bumble and Bumble products are excellent!

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=BUMBLE%20AND%20BUMBLE%20Curl%20Conscious%20...

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • kalex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • stuntdouble
    • lylysa
    • 1930sbella
    • liveinlovexx
    • Chillz2013
    • Jjp0423