sydro

Waterproof Eyes

Any recommendations for waterproof eye makeup? Waterproof mascara typically makes my lashes super brittle and stick together. Any mascara that's you think is best? Any shadows or liners?

Thanks!

<3

kd006

Re: Waterproof Eyes

I agree with spyski about the diorshow waterproof. I am in the middle of using my tube and love it. Not brittle at all.

For eyeshadow, I always use my NARS smudgeproof eyeshadow primer and that works amazing. I have never had my eyeshadow crease while using it. You should check out Tarte. They have great colored bases if you're looking for that. It's the amazonian clay waterproof cream shadow. They work amazingly well. Sephora doesn't sell them, but the tarte website does. Then for eyeliner I never use anything but the tarte amazonian clay waterproof eyeliners. I have every color but the green and I love them all. I never even think about switching because they work so so good and never melt away.

janinebt

Hi sydro,

Most eye beauty products are water resistant rather than full on waterproof. This is mainly due to the fact that if something is waterproof it will require makeup remover and a cleanser to get rid of; which can be harsh on the delicate area around the eyes.

Dior Show Blackout Mascara-Waterproof

swfupload_3368449254146043520.jpg

This is a great mascara, it will provide you with the blackest of black lashes that look like they were coated with leather.

Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Liner

swfupload_1263116621864006375.jpg

This liner won't budge once it's applied! It's a nice option if you like the look of liner on your top lashes.

Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner

swfupload_3133177091634213692.jpg

This is a fantastic liner for under the lower lash line. The fact that it comes every color under the sun is a huge plus.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Spyski

I personally like the Diorshow waterproof version. It's feathery, and doesn't make the lashes appear brittle. 

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-waterproof-mascara-P99901?skuId=838763

Stila Stay All Day eye liner is my HG eyeliner, very precise and durable...meaning it won't smear nor come off in the water.

http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-waterproof-liquid-eye-liner-P253818?skuId=1221084

*I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free eye makeup remover to take it off. 

As for shadows, I'm not that sure. Maybe someone else can be more helpful with that :smileyhappy:

sydro

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much! I'm looking for a shadow that will STAY! It seems no matter the weather my shadows always start melting away.

Spyski

Have you tried an eye shadow primer? They are marvelous in keeping shadow out of creases and staying put all day. Urban Decay and Too Faced make great ones!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • Spyski
    • kd006
    • sydro
Photos3
  • swfupload_3368449254146043520.jpg