lreagan

Undereye area ALWAYS looks dry and cakey even when using creamy concealers

I'm really frustrated because I have been trying concealer after concealer trying to find one that won't make my undereye area look so dry and cakey. I've been using the so-called "creamiest" concealers and they look exactly the same as non-creamy concealers. I even tried using an undereye primer (Smashbox) and that didn't do anything. I also use Ole Henriksen's Truth Is in the Eyes eye exfoliator/peel every night. I'm about to give up and just accept my horrendous genetic dark circles.

Concealers I've tried:

The new Nars creamy concealer

Shiseido creamy concealer

Amazing Cosmetics concealer

MUFE full coverage concealer

Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer

Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

Benefit Erase Paste

Lancome waterproof undereye concealer

Lancome complete coverage concealer

Bobbi Brown corrector

Miracle Skin Transformer concealer

Related to this problem, I've also tried a lot of undereye creams that don't seem to help. The skin under my eyes doesn't look or feel dry until I put concealer on. I use each eye cream for at least 4 weeks (I try to get samples before purchasing and use up the whole sample).

Eye creams I've tried:

Boscia's Enlivening gel

Origins gin-zing

Algenist eye balm

Shiseido white lucent

Dermadoctor balm

Peter Thomas Roth power K

Ole Henriksen ultimate lift

Benefit It's Potent

Kate Somerville dark circles cream

Philosophy Eye Hope

Argan oil (I tried tapping a little bit over my eye balm before bed for a while but didn't seen any difference)

These are the eye creams I have samples of but haven't tried yet:

Tarte brightening eye cream

Clinique All About Eyes rich

Fresh Lotus eye gel

Does anyone have any suggestions before I give up completely? I'm open to concealer and/or eye cream suggestions.

goodChoicegirl

Re: Undereye area ALWAYS looks dry and cakey even when using creamy concealers

(0) Hearts

I really like Chantecaille's concealer-it's wildly expensive. But it's small enough to carry and it's got treatment in the center. 

The eye cream I just started using is Juice beauty Stem Cellular repair eye treatment. Good luck!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

What's the code for the Vib origins promo?  In ever get emails.

the concealer I like the most has been Stila, seems to be a full coverage concealer. I had them help me in the store.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

"viborigins", .5oz of plantscription eye cream with $35 order.

rockhound0508

(0) Hearts

Okay I have really dark circles with pale skin. Think Too face BB cream "SNOW".  I also have the darkness onhe eye as well

I, like many have tried thr run of eye creams, correcters and concealers.

So far I have not found an eye cream that has done much to improve the circles.  

Clinique, Orgins, Lancome, drugstore...nothing

For now I am focused on trying to keepthe area not dry and cakey looking.

Trying the Nude Progenius  oil (TRIAL SIZE}

As for the darkness I know no concealef is going to covef thd way I want, so I looked ar correcters.  

Bobbie Brown ,Laura Mercier, yellow, pink,salmon

Just cakey results.

So far fhe best options I have run across is using a pink/peach cream lip pencil {Lancome Frachelle} or a blush under waterproof concealer..Trying Amazing Cosmetics as well as Lancomes.  I tried MUF but found it too drying.

LIke mentiond tried the Smashbox undereye primer and didnt see much difference.

I will try a ld primer to see what that does

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

If you want to try the Nude oil, "vibnude" still works (just now). =)

rockhound0508

(0) Hearts

I just might get more to try, thanks

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Woah, hmm, the only good eye creams I know that's not on the list are Origins Plantscription, Bobbi Brown (claims to work well under make up), and Shiseido Benefiance.

As for concealer, have you tried a concealer pen/brush like YSL Touch Eclat or the dior one? Oh also heard good things about Laura Mercier duo palette.

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Yes, I've tried the YSL and Clinique pens and they didn't look any better.

I actually just placed an order to get the Origins eye cream VIB gift, so I'll definitely be trying that one.

miabt

@lreagan - 

Have you tried the new Benefit Fake Up?  Its super moisturizing and packed  with vitamin E and apple seed extract to hide those dark circles and diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth look :smileyhappy:  I would definitely give that one a try, since everything else you've tried is a bit on the drier side.  

Benefit Cosmetics - Fake Up

http://www.sephora.com/fake-up-P377749?skuId=1490366

xo, Mia

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried it, but I did place an order today to get the Origins eye cream VIB promo and I got the sample of the Fake Up! I wasn't really sure what it was when I clicked it but now that I know I'm excited to try it! Thanks for the suggestion.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

aww, darn, i had high hopes for the YSL Touche Eclat....it just looks like it would work!

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@lreagan have you tested out Josie Maran Argan Blend Concealer?  It is super, super creamy and the most blendable concealer/corrector I've tried so far.  Like you I never conceal my undereyes because it always end up looking gross, dry, flaky, and wrinkly.  If I moisturize, then prime, then pat on the Josie Maran....it's still not perfect, but less gross than the others I've used....gee I'm sort of damning with faint praise, eh.  But it's seriously very creamy and I like it better than Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier.

p.s. oh yeah another tip (i think from gossmakeupartist) is not to put the concealer all the way up to your bottom lash line, just blend by patting somewhere below the lash line.  For me the area closest to the lash line is dryest/most wrinkly.

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I just looked at it online and I get the feeling that the lightest shade would be waaaay too dark for me. I have very pale Irish skin, and most often products' lightest shades are still too dark for me. I'll take a look at it next time I'm in Sephora and try it out. Thanks!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

A couple more suggestions for you eye cream and concealer are the Shiseido Benefiance 24 hr wrinkle resist eye cream very hydrating. And for the concealers- Lancome's Renergie Eye Multiple Action. It is two products for the eyes that give 6 visible actions and  Kat Von D's high voltage eye primer . I know it's supposed to be eye shawdow primer but I got it because my dark circles are really dark and this stuff not only covered my dark circles and blurred out the tiny lines I have under my eyes. Weird but wonderful! Hope this helps!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll get samples of those 2 eye creams when I go to Sephora next.

jennypenny1995

I've had the same problem!  I stopped Bobbi Brown's because even the slightest use made that area quite ugly.  I've reverted back to my Line Smoothing concealer by Clinique and am really happy with.  Am going to try their Airbrush concealer next because it's really all Lisa Eldridge uses in her videos.  Just be sure to get a shade slightly lighter than your skin so as to not darken what's already dark there!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I've tried the airbrush concealer from Clinique and it was no better than the countless other concealers I tried. :/

I'll look into the Line Smoothing concealer you mentioned! Thanks.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Really??  What didn't you like about the Airbrush one?  Save me from a buying mistake!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I found it didn't offer much coverage at all and made the areas I put it on look really dry. I tried it both under my eyes and over blemishes and it just made everything look worse.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt