Daniela1387

Trouble matching my skin tone to Nars sheer glow foundation...

(0) Hearts

So I went to my local Sephora and found that Nars sheer glow foundation has two colors that kind of match me Medium 1 and Medium 2 how do I figure out which one matches me best? I'm always confused about how to do this. Can anyone help?

ManaSmith86

Re: Trouble matching my skin tone to Nars sheer glow foundation...

(0) Hearts

The best way I've ever matched a foundation is to ask for a sample of it. Then I wear it for a full face for a day or so. That way you can check it out in different lightings and you can see if it oxidizes on your face throughout the day.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I use Sheer Glow and can vouch that it doesn't oxidize on me -- it does stay true to color. Like Miabt stated, matching your neck and face is key. If I match foundation only to my face / jawline, I wind up with a shade darker (due to surface redness, hormones, etc.) -- and it doesn't match my neck, causing a clear line of demarcation, even when blended. When I match it to my neck, however, it makes my complexion uniform. I would swatch both on your neck / chest area, wait a while and then look at it in natural light to see which one is the best match.

beautylovingirl

It's which ever one is the closest match to your skin color when you get matched you want the color to match perfect or as close as possible. If you have an older foundation that you matched well to you can also compare to that.

miabt

Hi Daniela1387,

I would suggest trying it on and seeing what it looks like in natural light.  You want your face to match your neck, definitely avoiding the infamous "floating head".  Keep an eye on the oxidation, and the way it reacts to your skin, as some foundations may get a bit darker.  The NARS Sheer Glow is fairly true to color, but its always something to look out for :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • Daniela1387
    • ManaSmith86