RolyPoly

Totally different blush not bright pink or coral.

Can anyone recommend a blush that is completely different. I already use Orgasm by NARS and a bright pink by MAC. I just want to shake things up. I'm fair skinned and brunette. Thank you!!

malday

Re: Totally different blush not bright pink or coral.

[ Edited ]

What about a strawberry color, I just purchased an Instain blush from theBalm in the color Toile and it's a gorgeous strawberry reddish pink color!

Toile

mishanyc

Gorgeous!  Did you pick this up during theBalm's sale they had recently?  I'm kicking myself for not getting this and Meet Matt Nude.  I'm stalking Hautelook for their next sale.  

malday

I did!

RolyPoly

Agreed! This is pretty darn awesome!

katie1724

I agree with so many of the suggestions here -- I really love red blush for something different. It seems intimidating, but it looks so natural with the right application. Tarte AC Blush in Natural Beauty is a pretty light red, and more pigmented (and difficult to use, but beautiful) is NARS Exhibit A. 

I also love Tarte AC blush in Exposed -- I agree with kso1225 that it looks dull and unoriginal in the pan, but it really gives the skin a healthy glow that isn't really bronzey or pink, but somewhere in between. I think I'd call it a browned rose, if that makes sense…NARS Douceur is similar (but not the same). 

I love purple blush, too. Manniface mentioned MJ Shameless, which is a user friendly lilac pink, and MUFE #9, while seemingly vivid, is still totally wearable with a light hand (it looks like an icy lilac on my cheeks). 

manniface

Marc Jacobs had a lavender one that would look pretty! I am currently lusting after it right now.

http://www.sephora.com/shameless-bold-blush-P380706?skuId=1505270

katie1724

I bought this one last week (followed by Naughty!). I know some have mentioned pigmentation issues with these, but I really didn't experience this. I think they could look chalky on darker skin tones, but they work on me. Shameless is such a pretty, light lavender-pink. I say go for it (I'm enabling). :smileyvery-happy:

manniface

oooh could you post swatches (either hand or face)?

katie1724

Sure! Sorry for the artificial light -- it also looks more pink in this picture than it actually is.

photo-5.JPG

manniface

Soooooo pretty OMGzzzzz

vanillammm

Tarte powder blush in Natural Beauty is a pastel strawberry red and will make you look like you are just in from the cold. A really pretty and natural looking flush on fair skin. Love it. Stila pure pigments in Incite gives the same effect, as well as Mac Frankly Scarlet.

talinder

MUFE #9 is lavender. Definitely different than what most people wear.

LauraLara

Hmmm, a few options depending what you're looking for. I know everyone's mad about the new formula, but I like the new version of Stereo Rose Mac has right now. I't like a blush with a bronzer, but it looks really good on me even though I'm fair skinned and neutral leaning cool, not warm. Rose Stila convertible is just that, rose, not pink or coral, and it looks like a full natural flush on me. And if you want baby pink not bright pink I strongly recommend Promise by Illamasqua, their cream blushes are AMAZING. 

btmod2

Hi RolyPoly,

I recommend trying something like Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in the shade Blushing Bride. This shade is a beautiful plummy rose and will be beautiful on your fair skin. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Teresaanne92

I too am fair skinned and brunette (just dyed my hair back from blonde. :smileywink: ). Currently- my favorite blush is Peaches by MAC which is the perfect peach shade in my opinion! :smileyhappy:

michmo

I am also a fair skinned brunette and I really liked the way the Hourglass Blush in Dim Infusion looks.  It is labeled as a subdued coral, but it comes off as a peachy natural color.  It is completely different than Nars Orgasm and nothing like the pinks that make up most of my blush collection.  

http://www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-blush-P384963?skuId=1581339

SallieSunshine

Fair skinned brunette here, and I second the Dim Infusion recommendation.  I'm not even a blush person, but this stuff is my new obsession!  I love that it doesn't look clownish on me, even when I build it up a good bit.

garnett

I am fair with dark hair and blue eyes and love Nars Mata Hari.  

RolyPoly

Thank you all!! I appreciate the suggestions. Sometimes you need a little change.

spoiledbrat

My suggestons would be Cargo Tonga or Tom Ford Love Lust, perfect pinky/brown  pinky/coral - there is a permanent Chanel too, Rose Eucrin [sic], I only found these b/c of Poshy and Kiki!  Love all 3 and both ladies are experts!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • spoiledbrat
    • malday
    • kso1225
    • talinder