JojoL

Toner for Oily/Combination skin

(0) Hearts

I have skin that is on the oily side and easier to have acne, so I want a soothing toner which has oil-control function.  I use the Biotherm Purefect (green) one.  I find that is oil control but that is too much alcohol and seems not soothing.

Is there one for soothing + oil control?? Thank you!!!

Please suggest products that I can find in a Canadian store. Sometimes I get product suggestions that are only in USA which is useless to me because I want to get a sample in the store first.  Thank you!!

fatimamummy

Re: Toner for Oily/Combination skin

(0) Hearts

I also have oily skin and i use CAUDALIE Moisturizing Toner,,, it is Alcohol free and gentle to the skin and seems to control oil pretty well.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I love my Kate Somerville toner!

carolang

(0) Hearts

I like Clinique Toner #3. It doesn't bother me that it has alcohol in it. You also might want to check out Origins Zero Oil toner I don't believe that one has alcohol.

I like to pair that toner with a rose water spray for the soothing aspect.

Also if my skin is feeling dry I will go in with my toner #3 and no wash in the AM, maaybe a splash of water. Your face will still feel clean but not as dry. You might think your toner is drying you out but it is more likely your face wash (that paired with the acne meds always gets me!).

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I use Clinique's #3 toner because its salicylic acid keeps pores unclogged so you don't break out as much.  An alternative that is alcohol-free is their Mild toner (#1?).  Def get that salicylic acid on there!!

beautytester

(0) Hearts

I actually swears by Clinique Toner 2 in the summer when my skin is oily. It is refreshing and minty and reduce pimples a bit but it can sting if your skin is sensitive. I second the Boscia one. I want to recommend Mario Badescu cucumber toner but not sure if that's carried in canada....

JojoL

(0) Hearts

Question: I know shiseido has a new IBUKI line and I heard great things about it and saying it is targeting pimple skin and oil control while hydrating.  I tried a sample of their IBUKI softening concentrate/lotion and I feel it is smooth and it hydrates but I don't feel it is oil-control or can help with acne.  Advice needed: is IBUKI going to help oil control and fight acne? A sample is not long enough to test the result of this.  I want to decide whether to buy it or not, so please tell me if that softening lotion is good for oil control......???

It is $30 but it's only 75 mL..... and the biotherm Purefect is $19 for 200 mL.......

janinebt

(0) Hearts

You've been given fantastic advice. I personally love the Boscia toner mentioned. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
JojoL

(0) Hearts

For cleanser, I think Bliss Fabulous Foaming wash is great for me.  I haven't tried oil cleanser......

lylysa

Boscia - Clear Complexion Tonic

Boscia's Clear Complexion Tonic is a gentle, botanical based toner that is great for acne prone or oily/combination skin. It's preservative and alcohol free and relies on willow bark extract, which is a natural source of salicylic acid, to purify pores and break down sebum. Jojoba, lavender, and rosemary extract also helps soothes skin while being anti-oxidant rich.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Just started using The Body Shop tea tree toner, it's for acne skin and oil-control. Face hasn't been worse and no drying feel.

Alvailable at Ulta or http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/skin-care/skin-care-best-sellers/tea-tree-skin-clearing-toner.aspx

What cleanser are you using?

I have oil combo/acne skin and like Philosophy made simple and Korres wild rose cleanser, my oil hasn't been overly bearable since using. Both have natural oils in them and skin feels 'normal'.

evno

(0) Hearts

I've been recommending this a lot, but only because it works pretty well. It's Shiseido's Eudermine Revitalizing Essence. It works as a toner and a treatment. It tones, but it's gentle.You only need 1-3 drops max for your entire face. If it's sticky, you're using too much. I've been using it on my formerly oily, but still sensitive, skin, and it's great! I'm not sure about oil control, but it's definitely soothing and refreshing, and it balances the moisture level in your skin, so it should help with oil over time. 

lilyyy

I know this sounds crazy, but have you tried an oil cleanser? I have oily skin and started using the Josie Maran oil cleanser and it seems to be helping a lot.

evno

I second this! I've been oil-cleansing for months now, and my skin used to be oily, but now it's more on the normal/dry side because the oil is regulating my skin's oil production. Try out some oil cleansers; different oils work differently on everybody. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • lilyyy
    • pinktorridora
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • beautytester