candacebt

Today! Live Summer Skin Q&A with Soap & Glory & Dr. Gross!

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed! Thank you for your participation!

skincare_chat.jpg

Prep your skin for summer! Visit this thread on May 28 between 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with Soap & Glory founder Marcia Kilgore and Dr. Gross, creator of Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. Ask them a personal skincare question of your own—from preventing harmful sun exposure to finding your perfect moisturizer.

Be sure to click the "Follow this thread" box on the right side of the thread to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about Soap & Glory> http://seph.me/10TWvOe

Learn more about the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare> http://seph.me/10TWGZZ

Rena27

Re: Today! Live Summer Skin Q&A with Soap & Glory & Dr. Gross!

(0) Hearts

I have a lot of acne scarring. I was wondering what you think is the BEST product to use to get rid of/lighten acne scars. 

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

The Alpha Beta Peel is a great product to address your acne scars. The microexfoliation works to promote cellular turnover, helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation/discoloration. It's gentle enough for daily use but powerful enough to see visible results immediately.

lizhudac

(0) Hearts

How do you treat acne scars? 

drdennisgross

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would recommend the Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peels, and the Active Vitamin D Serum-Oil. Topical application of Vitamin D has dramatic, visible anti-aging effects and hydration levels are increased which yields more radiance, elasticity and bounce in skin. The overall complexion will also improve as pores appear reduced and acne scars are diminished.

I have a new Acne Product launching at sephora in August that will treat acne scars as well.

Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peels> http://seph.me/17nXJER

swfupload_542388617314683866.jpg

Active Vitamin D Serum-Oil> http://seph.me/10yflcv

swfupload_4187370209315108492.jpg

MCalypso

(0) Hearts

Can you suggest one of your products to treat or reduce the appearance of KP? How do you feel about UREA?

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

To treat Keratosis Pilaris, I suggest that you try Alpha Beta Smoothing Body Towels – my patients have seen great success with this product. It contains potent ingredients like Glycolic Acid and Willow Bark Extract, but is gentle on the skin, leaving it feeling refreshed and invigorated.

md70

(0) Hearts

how often does one use the Alpha beta towels? there are only 8 in a pack? Do you have a "jumbo" pack?

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

You can use the Alpha Beta Smoothing Body Towel once a day or as desired. Each pack comes with 8. There is no jumbo pack at this time.

ebeatriz

(0) Hearts

I have a question that is two-fold. The first being that I have extremely oily skin (I have to use blotting papers every two hours to make my skin look matte - mind you I exfoliate, use oil-free moisturizers and prime before applying makeup). As summer is here and temperatures rise, what is the best way I can minimize shine while not compromising SPF in fear of an extra greasy looking face. Any additional tips on products to minimize shine would help too! Secondly, maybe perhaps because of the oily skin, I break out in cystic acne every month. They are not too many but they are consistently there. Because I have olive skin I tend to scar easily. I know I should be applying SPF to avoid making the scarring worse, but how can I treat the scars if I don't want to make my skin overly sensitive in the summer? 

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

To properly diagnose how oily you feel your skin is I would need to see you in person. Our Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask’s time absorbent formula will pull out excess oil and acne-causing bacteria. A light layer can be applied in the morning as a primer or you can wear it overnight to work.

Otherwise, the changes in season definitely affect how your skin, body, and hair look. Your basic routine should still remain the same, but switching to an oil-free or lightweight lotion in the summer because it is hotter and there is more of a tendency to perspire is smart. I am glad you are already doing this.

The best way to minimize shine and stop the darkening of acne scars while not compromising SPF is to look for a multi-tasking oil-free tinted-moisturizer with SPF. Using fewer products will not only save you time and money but it will also decrease your exposure to preservatives that may be comedogenic.

carriefelice

(0) Hearts

Hi Dr. Gross, I started using your retinol and ferulic eye serum recently and wanted to ask if its safe to use morning and night? thx!

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Absolutely. The delivery system allows for fast penetration; virtually eliminating photo-sensitivity.

2summers

[ Edited ]

If I could only use 3 anti-aging products, other than sunscreen, what would they be?  I'm a product junkie and need to prioritize.  I am a fair skinned, 58 y/o.  thank you.  for Dr. Gross

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

SPF is, of course, essential to your daily skincare regimen, and I'm glad to hear that you use it daily. In addition to sun protection, I would suggest the Alpha Beta Peels, Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution, and Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. These three products work well separately but when combined, work synergistically to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, skin laxity – including crepiness of the eyelid, and dull, tired-looking skin.

love99

(0) Hearts

Hi, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for products that decrease cellulite? Ive got some on the backs of my legs and its shorts season, yikes! Thanks a bunch!

drdennisgross

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi-I would recommend the Alpha Beta® Smoothing Body Towels as a targeted exfoliating treatment which will smooth, firm and tone the skin on your legs. They also contain Capislow which reduces the need for shaving as it retards hair growth. 

Alpha Beta® Glow Pads for Body have many of the same benefits however they will give you a natural, sun kissed glow without the damaging effects of exposure to sun. many women report feeling slimmer with a little color. they are an anti-aging, exfoliating sunless self tanner and contain Caffeine which will firm and reduce the appearance of cellulite.

Alpha Beta® Smoothing Body Towel> http://seph.me/154NWPP

swfupload_303775817722403143.jpg

md70

(0) Hearts

do you have any suggestions for acne on back/shoulders and chest?

drdennisgross

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi-I suggest the Alpha Beta Smoothing Body Towel to smooth and clear skin. Not only will it address chest and back breakouts, it'll work to smooth Keratosis Pilaris ("chicken skin") and dry skin, too. Besides containing powerful ingredients like Glycolic Acid, Willow Bark Extract, and Witch Hazel to target blemishes, the towels also contain Caffeine and Capislow, for skin that appears firmer with a reduced need for shaving frequency.  they are great for warmer weather.

Alpha Beta® Smoothing Body Towel> http://seph.me/154NWPP

swfupload_5375437985343933566.jpg

sueperman

Can I use my clarisonic and the alphabeta peels extra strenght the same day?

And which cleasner do you recomend me to use with the clarisonic?

Thanks

drdennisgross

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would recommend alternating your days of use and suggest using the All-in-One Cleanser with Toner with the Clarisonic. This gentle cleanser cleanses, tones, and removes makeup without stripping the skin.

It’s also import to note that breakouts can occur as a result of your cleansing tool not being maintained properly. Cleanse the brush often with soap and water or alcohol to avoid acne-causing bacteria build up. Also, make sure to never share your cleansing tool.

All-In-One Facial Cleanser with Toner>

http://seph.me/172Ydzw

swfupload_4629293092969438193.jpg

bostongalincali

(0) Hearts

I am 51 years old and have problems with mild rosacea and large pores.  My skin is fiar and slightly oily.  Can you provide some advice on the best products for my skin?  I would like to use retinol as part of an anti-aging regimen but am concerned it may be too harsh for my skin.  Are there other options to keep the wrinkles and sagging at bay?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 96 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • nyaxa
    • beebee
    • bostongalincali
    • drdennisgross
    • carriefelice
    • aubreda