candacebt

Today! Live Summer Skin Q&A with Soap & Glory & Dr. Gross!

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed! Thank you for your participation!

skincare_chat.jpg

Prep your skin for summer! Visit this thread on May 28 between 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with Soap & Glory founder Marcia Kilgore and Dr. Gross, creator of Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. Ask them a personal skincare question of your own—from preventing harmful sun exposure to finding your perfect moisturizer.

Be sure to click the "Follow this thread" box on the right side of the thread to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about Soap & Glory> http://seph.me/10TWvOe

Learn more about the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare> http://seph.me/10TWGZZ

drdennisgross

Re: Today! Live Summer Skin Q&A with Soap & Glory & Dr. Gross!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi-Be sure to switch to an oil-free moisturizer in the summer and try the Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask which absorbs excess oil and is time absorbent. it also will minimize pores and blackheads. 

swfupload_7598435170109984467.jpg

Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask> http://seph.me/18xaPNs

cheshirekitty

(0) Hearts

What does the XS on SIT TIGHT STAND FOR? And are there other SIT TIGHT formulas that I can try?

marciakilgore

(0) Hearts

XS was added to the formulation name because this is an EXTRA-STRENGTH version of our original product, which only launched in England. By the time we were ready to ship to the USA, we had already developed a stronger formula, and so we added XS to the name. (Hilariously, I've heard some women refer to it as EXTRA SMALL, although it's quite a big tube. Could be hopeful Freudian slip!)

CKY9

(0) Hearts

Hi there, I got a Soap & Glory Righteous body butter sample recently and I love using it on my feet.  It's flip flop season after all!  :smileyhappy:  What other products/daily maintenance do you recommend for soft, smooth feet during the summer?  Thank you!

marciakilgore

[ Edited ]

Hey CKY9 (that's like a Star Wars name! I love it!)

I can highly recommend our 'made for flip flops' formula: HEEL GENIUS. It's got fruit acids that smooth the dead cells from your heels, around your nail beds, and keep a pedicure looking perfect long after its due date. (While our RIGHTEOUS BUTTER is brilliant, it's actually not formulated to be used on feet, so might be a tad slippy, when what you want is exfoliating and grippy!)

Heel Genius: http://seph.me/Zri6xE

HeelGenius_NSG.jpg

carriefelice

(0) Hearts

Hi Marcia,

With summer coming up I've begun to start to get back into my exercise routine and actually just purchased your new sit tight but wanted to ask how many times a day I should use to really see results and is it safe to use on my tummy area?

tealover117

(0) Hearts

i would love to think we can buy a fat burner in a bottle, but how much do you think a cream can do in terms of getting rid of puffy skin?

marciakilgore

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

First, let's be clear. SKIN itself is not puffy. It's the underlayer that collects fluid that causes whatever problem area you're obsessing about to LOOK puffy. (On that note, it would be interesting to find out if P DIDDY ever gets PUFFY.) I believe that that most skin firming creams/gels/ 'anti-puffiness' formulas work on two levels, both of which are equally important. First, the diuretics in certain formulas work to help reduce excess fluid buildup in the tissues so you see results quickly, and secondly, they work on your mental discipline! Listen, if you're gonna spend 38 bucks on a bottle of firming fluid - and all those in agreement put your hands in the air- you're certainly going to think twice before scoffing down a six-pack Krispy Kremes. OK, all those in favour, say YAYE! Hands back down, girls. We've got a web chat to attack.

Sit Tight: http://seph.me/ZrioVg

SitTightXS_US.jpg

beebee

(0) Hearts

I have a question about the Sit Tight serum - What are some tips to make it work most effectively?

marciakilgore

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey BeeBee, Thanks for joining us. Listen, when it comes to fighting fat, there's no such thing as a free lunch, or a free french fry. I'd suggest that you prep your skin before applying SIT TIGHT XS by giving it a good scrub, to rid it of dead skin cells. The less keratinized the top layer of your skin is, the faster the actives in SIT TIGHT XS will absorb. You can use any scrub that you've got at home, or something like THE SCRUB OF YOUR LIFE in the shower. When applying SIT TIGHT XS, roll gently from the back of your knees around your legs to your inner thighs. That's where your lymphatic glands lie, and the action will help move puffiness causing fluid. You also might want to try applying it before a workout, because any additional blood flow helps active ingredients sink in quicker. (I could go on and on, but I've got other questions to answer!) Thanks for tuning in!

The Scrub Of Your Life> http://seph.me/12g5sDx

ScrubofYourLife_NSG.jpgE S

marciakilgore

Hey Everybody, Marcia Kilgore of Soap & Glory here, coming at you from the other side of THE POND!  I'm really excited to be chatting with Sephora lovers tonight (today, this morning, wherever you are!) Who's got a question? 

stanka

(0) Hearts

Hello Marcia,

it's Stanka (CollStanka on facebook) it's great to interact with you live! My only skin concern are large pores on my cheeks. As a faithful S&G girl I use everything you currently offer. While all the products wonderfully cleared up my skin - it used to be oily, now it's normal thanks to you - my pores are still visible. Do you have/use/recommend any method or product to hide them so I don't have to sweat over it so much?

Thank you very much, have a great day

marciakilgore

Stanka you gorgeous girl! I should have known you'd be first in line  for this chat, and how fabulous to have you with us today! (For those of you watching, Stanka was the very first girl to be initiated into the Soap & Glory Hall of Foam. She knows the ingredient lists of our products like the back of her hand, and can list every Soap & Glory product alphabetically, by launch date, and by ml size (just kidding, SORT OF!) 

First, remember that pores can't actually shrink once they're a certain size, unless you undergo something drastic (like microdermabrasion) which isn't necessary and can cause real overall textural change to your skin. What you can do to make pores LOOK smaller is your basic smoke and mirrors. Get a great mattifying primer, a great mattifying (lightweight) powder, and use less foundation, rather than more. 

And of course, most importantly, you want to keep in mind that while beauty absolutely matters, it doesn't matter absolutely! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 96 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • nyaxa
    • beebee
    • bostongalincali
    • drdennisgross
    • carriefelice
    • aubreda