candacebt

Today! Live Summer Skin Q&A with Soap & Glory & Dr. Gross!

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed! Thank you for your participation!

skincare_chat.jpg

Prep your skin for summer! Visit this thread on May 28 between 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with Soap & Glory founder Marcia Kilgore and Dr. Gross, creator of Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. Ask them a personal skincare question of your own—from preventing harmful sun exposure to finding your perfect moisturizer.

Be sure to click the "Follow this thread" box on the right side of the thread to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about Soap & Glory> http://seph.me/10TWvOe

Learn more about the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare> http://seph.me/10TWGZZ

drdennisgross

Re: Today! Live Summer Skin Q&A with Soap & Glory & Dr. Gross!

(0) Hearts

Thank you for all of your questions.  Until next time!

Chriskelly

(0) Hearts

Hello Dr.Gross 

I just turned 29 last Tuesday and I want to start using an anti-aging  cream can you recommend something? I have oily skin please help thanks 

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Good for you for getting on top of an anti-aging routine. If you have oily skin, you'll want to try a moisturizer with an oil-free formula. I like Hydra-Pure Oil-Free Moisture from my line. If you're interested in getting a bit of radiance along with protecting your skin from aging, try Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture - it contains actives found in my Alpha Beta Peel as well as a hint of glow.

amr1988

(0) Hearts

I have had acne for years and I have finally gotten it under control, but I have redness, uneven marks/scarring- what can I do to remove the redness and even the skin? I wear make up everyday to cover the red marks, but I would love to be make up free if I could remove them! Thank you for your help! 

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Hi amr1988 - Definitely try the Alpha Beta Peel, it will help even skin's tone and reduce the appearance of marks. If acne is still troubling you a little bit, stay tuned for my new Acne Pads coming out this August. They flatten existing blemishes while working to prevent future breakouts, and help fade scars and marks.

GabyJH

(0) Hearts

I have a light spot on my cheek about the size of a quarter that is more noticeable when I tan..any idea why I would have that? What can I use to improve it?

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Hi-I would have to see you in person to give a proper assessment. I will say, though, that it is of utmost importance to wear SPF on a daily basis – it will not only keep this area from becoming more visible, as you stated, but protect your skin from the risk of skin cancer.

ap2004

(0) Hearts

Hello Dr. Dennis, 

I am 28 years and concerned about my eye wrinkles that I have already...what would you recommend for current wrinkles and something to help firm them up and prevent them?! =( Thank you! 

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Hi. I would recommend the Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel which can be used in the eye area (just not ON the eye) and work to minimize fine lines and wrinkles.  Pair the daily Peel (day or night) with Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum.  This gently but powerfully reduces visible signs of aging in the delicate skin of the eyelid and around the eye while smoothing texture and tone.  also helps with eyelid crepiness. Also, wear large sunglasses to protect your eyes in the sun and help prevent crows feet.

sofiabella1983

(0) Hearts

How are you... I have lately oily skin I'm usin night perfecting cream by Murad but is too oily every Moning is unbelievable oily what do you recommend ? Thank you for your time o

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

If you are finding that your skin is too oily, you may want to consider trying a moisturizer with an oil-free formula. One of my favorites from my line is Hydra-Pure Oil-Free Moisture - it contains a Chelating Complex that helps protect, repair and reverse existing signs of damage.

sippygirl

(0) Hearts

I've had problems with acne in high school to the point that I need to use Accutane. It's gotten better and I'm now 24 but recently I've been getting really deep painful pimples that leave a big hole when they pop. They are few and far between at first but in the last few weeks it's getting worse. Any advice on what could be causing this? I haven't changed makeup, face wash or birth control in over 6 months and the issues have been happening over the last month.

Thanks!

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Are you currently still using Accutane? If so, it is best to consult your doctor. Stress may be an underlying factor.

sippygirl

(0) Hearts

No, I stopped using acctuane about 3 years ago. My skin has been decent since then but over the last month these pimples have showed up. Thanks for the reply!

influence518

(0) Hearts

I am an African-American female with naturally curly hair. I get lots of ingrown hairs on my neck and accompanying dark spots. What products/regimen should I use to get rid of the bumps left after tweezing and dark spots?

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

I recommend using the Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel before tweezing to help exfoliate and potentially free some ingrown hairs. It will also help fade hyperpigmentation in the area. You can also try Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution for your hyperpigmentation.

SherleyV

(0) Hearts

I have some hormonal acne with occasional cystic breakouts. What would you recommend to help? 

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

You may want to try my Acne Pads coming out this August - they are a gentle but powerful daily treatment that treats existing blemishes and prevents future breakouts by targeting the creation of oil in your skin.

CPC8

(0) Hearts

Hi! I am fair skinned, freckled 23yr old who burns very easily. i always wear spf but am curious about what you would advise to finally rid myself of frequent breakouts. I have tried numerous products for face-washing and have been using Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion for many years now. i wash my face nightly and remove all makeup, yet i still tend to breakout always on my chin and random ones on other areas of the face. I tend to have dry skin, always feeling tight after I wash my face (currently using Noxema) Please help! What do you recommend or suggest for my situation.

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

Hi CPC8 - product selection can affect your skin, as you know - and if you can't see the results that you want, they're likely not working for you. The products you're using may be too drying for your skin. If you are excessively stripping your skin through washing and exfoliating, your skin can overproduce oil to counteract your actions. Adding moisture will not stop the problem - stopping the bad behavior will. Additionally, If you have dry skin, look for a creamier moisturizer that isn't oil-free and a gentle cleanser. I recommend you try my Age Erase Moisture for Face and the All-in-One Cleanser with Toner. To target breakouts, try the Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask, which you can use overnight as a spot treatment or full mask.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 96 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • nyaxa
    • beebee
    • bostongalincali
    • drdennisgross
    • carriefelice
    • aubreda