feline5190

Time Saving Tips?

I like putting on makeup and love how it makes me look afterwards obviously, but my limiting factor is time.  On workday mornings (mon.-fri.) I only have time for face wash, prescription acne treatment topical, serum/moisturizer, undereye cream, primer, foundation, concealer, & setting spray.  Luckily that only takes me about 20-30 min. which isn't too bad I suppose.  But if I ever want to do my full face (eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrows, lips, blush, etc.) that can take up to 2 hours.  So I'm curious to find out how long it takes all of you to put on makeup.  I'm a perfectionist and slow at doing things (not coordinated I suppose), which is a bad combo, because it takes me forever to get things done.  My boyfriend said he had an ex-girlfriend who could do her full face (heavy makeup, goth-like I think) AND hair and it would only take her about 20 minutes.  I couldn't believe that, but then again I'm often surprised at how quickly people can do things that take me forever.  If anyone has any time-saving tips, it would be much appreciated!

starletta8

Re: Time Saving Tips?

It takes me just under an hour from waking up to being out the door in the mornings- and I shower, wash/dry/style hair, and do a full face of makeup and skincare.

My best timesavers:

• Decide on your outfit and makeup the night before, and lay it all out. Not having to make decisions makes things quicker.
  • You can multitask- For instance, I wash my face while the shower is heating up, and while the mirror is defogging in there, I'm elsewhere doing the rest of my skincare prior to tackling my hair (which is a giant time-suck).
  • If I didn't do my hair, I could be out the door in less than 20 minutes.  Weekdays aren't a time to experiment- save that for when you have time.
ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I skip acne treatment and serum in the morning cuz those work best at night anyways. I skip face wash and just wipe with a wet/damp towel, if my face is so oily I NEED to wash in the morning, that means I need to adjust my night routine. So for me it's:

- moisturizer with SPF

- hydrating or mattifying primer (depending on the season).

- TM, BB cream, foundation OR concealer on problem areas only depending on coverage.

- eyeshadow OR eyeliner

- powder or spray

- tinted lip balm.

I only do eyeshadow or eyeliner, and I usually don't wear mascara, blush (I've got too much naturally) or eyebrow stuff (I've got thick eyebrows). If I'm picky it takes me an hr, but 10-20min usually and my morning routine is usually just moisturizer + curled lashes + tinted lip balm (bonus, I can skip makeup remover step at night).

colorobsession

[ Edited ]

On work days I tend to default