xpap

Thoughts on mixing exfoliators?

For the last couple months I have been mixing the Ole Henricksen Walnut Complexion Scrub and Philsophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash on my exfoliation days (2-3 times a week). My skin looks great -- better than using either on its own -- but I was wondering if there is any reason this might be a bad idea?

Thanks!

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Thoughts on mixing exfoliators?

I agree with @Beautylovinggirl. I would not recommend this. Those kind of products are not meant to be mixed. You should look into using a stronger exfoliator such as Exfolikate. It has little beads in it to manually exfolikate and then the it has the enzymes to chemically exfoliate. I've used both the products your using now, I did not the the Philosiphy, way to gentle, didn't do a thing for me, and i Love the Walnut scrub, it's a great exfoliant for taking off flakiness, but i would really encourage you not to mix the two. 

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Did not like the Philosophy** just caught my mistake.

beautylovingirl

Things may be great right now but I think your going to wake up one day to really dry skin. WIth both products together your doing ALOT of exfoliation and sooner or later your probably going to get really red and dry.Hope this helps!

janinebt

Hi xpap,

If you haven't noticed a negative change in your skin then it shouldn't be a problem at all. If for whatever reason things do change with the overall appearance of your skin I'd recommend just sticking to one or another.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • xpap