beauty4ashes

TARTE Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder (Loose)

Why are the ingredients different on Sephora vs. TARTE site?

Is Sephora getting a different product in the same packaging?

TARTE Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder (Loose)

SEPHORA

TARTE Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
ITEM # 1261114 SIZE 0.32 oz
COLOR Translucent White
Translucent White
-Amazonian Clay: Acts as a total skin balancer by hydrating all skin types, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, improving clarity and texture, and removing surface oil.

Silica, Kaolin, Lecithin, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lysolecithin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TARTE SITE

smooth operator™
Amazonian clay finishing powder (Loose)

A translucent, silky finishing powder with Amazonian clay that keeps makeup in place and diffuses imperfections.

ingredient list
0.32 oz.
Ingredients: Silica, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, kaolin.
Made in China.
formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

RandeeBT

Re: TARTE Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder (Loose)

[ Edited ]

Hi beauty4ashes,

I just checked with our Distribution Center and they have advised me that the ingredient listing for this product is: silica, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, lysophosphatidic acid,
Lecithin, lysolecithin, kaolin.This is specifically for item #1261114. I don't know if the brand changed their formulation or if we will be getting a new formulation of this powder, but this is what I was able to find out for you today. I will have the product description changed on our website to include this revised ingredient listing. 

Best,
Randee
beauty4ashes

So, the ingredients/formulations did change since I first purchased the loose "TARTE Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder." <---that's what the box says, didn't have  "Smooth Operator" written anywhere on the box yet it's on the product container.

Remember the limited edition Aqualiilies?

Ingredients: Silica, Kaolin, Lecithin, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lysolecithin. 

The NEW list/order of ingredients: Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lecithin, Lysolecithin, Kaolin.

Is the sell-out the reason for the reduced the quality of this TARTE product?

TARTE seems to have added a known filler, two forms of silicone, and a preservative. 

Stuff like this is rather deceptive especially when products claim to not contain a 'spelled out word' yet in the language of chemists, it's basically the same thing just spelled differently. I know we all put stuff all over our bodies, eat/drink foods daily knowing the risks. I just took a particular interest since the sell-out & the fact the product is manufactured in China where regulations are well...self-explanatory.

Thanks for the updated actual ingredient list.

LariTheLoud

I'm curious to know if this applies to newer TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes, too. I've heard varying complaints that the newer releases in that line are not nearly as nice as the older shades.

beauty4ashes

Me too. Plus, "Amazonian Clay" is such a vague description. Who knows exactly how much 'clay' is actually formulated in TARTE products now since the sell-out. Maybe more mud & other sediments now are changing the quality of all TARTE products. I wish I knew the emoticon for mad face! So, sad face it is! :smileysad:

RandeeBT

Hi beauty4ashes,

I am going to look into this for you! I'll be in touch when I have more information.

Best,
Randee
beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

P.S. I still have the limited edition one that came in a different design loose powder container. I have the box some where since I keep them...another OCD thing besides saving all my Sephora bags.

I wonder if the ingredients changed after the original owner sold out?

violalea

beauty4ashes,

I PMed you.

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

OK...will check. Thanks!

gogreyhound

is the Sephora one made in China, too?

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I was wondering the same thing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • violalea
    • beauty4ashes
    • gogreyhound
    • LariTheLoud