Beesca21

Switching my moisturizer from tarte to Caudalie. Good or bad idea?

[ Edited ]

I currently use Fresh Soy Cleanser and tarte Maracuja Oil (I use the oil at night and my BB cream in the day as my moisturizer). 

Although my skin has gotten significantly clearer since I started using both these products (cleanser and oil), my skin is still super oily. I get small white heads from the clogged pores. I also have bad blackheads because of the excessive oil production on my face. (sorry for the bad lighting in the pic, but you can see how bad my pores are on the side of my nose) 

IMG_9866.jpg

I have tried products with salicylic acid, but they tend to irritate my sensitive skin and make me break out. 

I have been wanting to start using a toner. 

I could use Origins United State toner or Caudalie Moisturizing Toner. 

A) 

Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser

Origins United State Toner

Tarte Maracuja Oil 

B) 

Caudalie Instand Foaming Cleanser

Caudalie Moisturizing Toner 

Tarte Maracuja oil

Which option is better? Should I continue using the maracuja oil? Or should I get a moisturizer in the respective line? I tend to choose products from the same line. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

consolvo

Re: Switching my moisturizer from tarte to Caudalie. Good or bad idea?

I just remembered there was a Q&A with the co-founder of Caudalie.

It might be worth your while to scan through it and see if someone asked for advice on skin issues similar to yours.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Skincare-Q-amp-A-with-Caudalie/m-p/468801#M7900

consolvo

I'm a huge fan of Caudalie products and used to buy them exclusively.

You might want to think about alternating these two products for cleansing:

swfupload_5383824720593268764.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/deep-cleansing-exfoliator-P374574

swfupload_8872302030058251352.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/gentle-cleansing-milk-P6026

Kind of the best of both worlds. :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

Caroline Hirons seems to be a big fan of Caudalie, but shed tell you any foaming cleanser is a no-no.  Try a milk cleanser instead. She also likes REN's products, but I a think Murad makes a great line, too.  As for a salicylic acid, you might try an enzymatic mask like Murad's Pomegranate to keep those pores unclogged.  I use it personally and love it!  Caroline's blog is uh-mazing.  Great stuff on there!

jellybean917

@jennypenny1995 I started reading Caroline Hirons' blog because of you! It's really comprehensive and helpful. Thanks for posting about it :smileyhappy:

I love Caudalie products. I have sensitive skin, but none of them have given me a bad reaction. wendyomgwar mentioned their serums...because they're awesome!

I think a toner is a really good idea. I like First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance pads for my toner/exfoliator. They're super gentle, and a lot of people around here are obsessed with them lol. I haven't tried Caudalie's toner yet, but the Origins one made me break out.

I hope you find some products that work for you! <3

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Wow!  All because of me??!!  Thank YOU, jellybean917, for letting me know something I said helped you.  That's the WHOLE reason I'm on this forum to begin with!

wendyomgwar

Personally I would go with B, the Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser made me feel like my skin was stripped. Also Caudalie is a great brand, I love how lightweight their serum is.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • jennypenny1995
    • consolvo
    • Beesca21
    • jellybean917
Photos3