jazzsherie

Sunscreen for Oily/Acne Prone Sensitive Skin

I'm searching for a sunscreen for my oily/acne prone sensitive skin. Preferably something that does not make my oily skin even oilier :smileyhappy: I used to use Clarins UV Plus HP Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen Multi-Protection but they recently changed the formula, and it now breaks me out badly :smileysad: Would any one be able to help with recommendation(s) or guidance? Thank you!

jazzsherie

Re: Sunscreen for Oily/Acne Prone Sensitive Skin

(0) Hearts

thank you everyone

Petrichor2390

(0) Hearts

It's not at Sephora, but my go to for my super oily/ very acne prone skin is La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra-light Sunscreen. I never had a bad breakout and it did not add oil to my skin. It lasted me the whole summer using it everyday. You will need to prime still, but it does not exacerbate the oil at all. I swear by this! 

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy: 

http://www.laroche-posay.us/anthelios-60-883140012993.html 

seemee22

(0) Hearts

I used to really enjoy Clarins,but I haven't tried it in a while.

I have skin that gets clogged very easily, and the best sunscreen I've found is DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ 

HTH!

dianabt

Hi jazzsherie, 

I agree with babybauer, the PTR powder is GREAT if you have oily and sensitive skin! It's super lightweight and can easily be applied on top of makeup :smileyhappy: 

Another favorite of mine (that is actually a bit more of a moisturizer)is the Murad Oil Free SPF 30 Mattifier which keeps your skin protected but matte:

http://www.sephora.com/oil-control-mattifier-spf-15-pa-P227801?skuId=1133727

Or the PTR Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF 30 which is lightweight and rich in antioxidants:

http://www.sephora.com/max-sheer-all-day-moisture-defense-lotion-spf-30-P6563?skuId=373894

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Babybauer

I work at a Sephora, and I have your dream solution: Peter Thomas Roth's Mineral SPF Powder for Oily-prone skin.  It is out of this world.  It's an SPF30, and it's literally a powder.  You can put it over or under makeup.  I have 3 of them--one at home, one in my car, and one at work.  I know you're supposed to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.  Let's be realistic--that's NOT realistic.  But this way, I put it  on twice a day: once when I put on my makeup, and once at lunch.  It doesn't seem like it would work, but it really really does.  It's beyond amazing.  It's $30, but it lasts a long time.  I can't recommend this enough!

talinder

(0) Hearts

The PTR powder would be ingenious except for one thing: the brush is incredibly scratchy and is not fit for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin and it hurts my face.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I really like the Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control SPF 30. I've been using it for 2 months and it doesn't irritate my oily and acne prone skin. It does not control oil as it claims, but you will not oily throughout the day. It's perfect for all skin types actually. I just use a mattifying primer on top of this. 

true.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • seemee22
    • dianabt
    • talinder
    • jazzsherie
    • Petrichor2390