Answer
Lalagirl1995
Stylist Must-Haves

Recently I've been given the opportunity to work as stylist (hair AND makeup) for some professional shoots. The problem is that I've never had any actual cosmetology classes, so I feel kind of at a loss. I pulled some shoots off while maintaining an appearance of professionalism, getting off on natural talent alone, but I felt my supplies looked a tad...embarrassing. I bought a few new supplies for the shoot but ended up needing to use some materials from my personal collection (which, obviously, is unprofessional and less than sanitary.) Luckily, I knew the model well, and no one seemed to notice; but I realized that if I were to make any kind of career out of this, I would need to start accumulating the right tools. What are the stylist MUST-HAVE tools and other materials I need to have to feel confident when I walk into a professional shoot? What brushes, makeup and colors, and other tools can I not go without? I'm slowly learning, but quickly would be awesome. :smileyhappy: Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Kiki1517
Answered

Everything @tashalicious said and don't forget brush cleaner, paper towels, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, etc to keep everything clean. I don't know if it is necessary but a mixing palette and spatula can come in handy as well, especially when you find yourself having to mix foundation for a custom shade. Disposable spoolies are great too because they have so many uses.

swfupload_8230651852829985141.jpg

Lalagirl1995
Thank you for your suggestions! I have never had anyone suggest getting a mixing palette and spatula before, so it hadn't even crossed my mind. This is definitely something I'll put on my list. And I'm glad you listed some sanitizing supplies because I could NOT think of all the items I'd need to keep everything clean. I was pretty much scrambling. I'll be much better prepared next time. Thank you again!
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • miabt
    • Kiki1517
    • JustACostume
    • tashalicious
    • Lalagirl1995
Photos1
  • swfupload_8230651852829985141.jpg