ashleenicoleex3

Still Having Problems with Lipstick Application :(

(0) Hearts

I made a post last week about need a solution to my lipstick application problems but nothing is working still. I took mostly everyones advice and it still isn't working. Every time I put on lipstick it still always settles into my lip lines. I prime my lips with the Bite Beauty Lip Primer and then I line my lips with a lip liner and apply my lipstick of choice and it still settles into my lip lines. I exfoliate my lips but it still doesn't help. Is there anything else I can do?

gogreyhound

Re: Still Having Problems with Lipstick Application :(

(0) Hearts

I have recently been using the FAB Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, and i rarely have to use a lip scrub now! It is super moisturizing--no petrolatum, it is more like lotion for your lips, not just an oily coating.   I still want to try the Agave lip mask too though.

Also, drinking water does help if chapping/dryness is the issue...

malday

(0) Hearts

It's possible that the primer and liners you are using may be drying out your lips as well. Which lip liners have you tried? You may want to skip a primer altogether and go for more creamy lipsticks like UD Revolution or the Too Faces La Creme formulas.

DiVWA

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Here's my experience/recommendations, which may or may not work for you.

Maybe try a balm like LipSmackers SPF. This can be found at Target and drugstores.I use this under any lip product I use. I use it everyday. No matter what. LipSmackers is better than Chapstick, and the kind with SPF (you have to look for it-comes in multiple package) means your lips are protected from the sun no matter what you wear on top.

Every night, I always wear something on my lips before going to bed, even if it's just Vaseline.

I find that using any lip primer just makes my lips really dry, which means the lipstick settles in the lines.I suggest skipping and using LipSmackers instead.

Byte Beauty agave lip mask made my lips super chapped and irritated, so I suggest getting a sample if you want to follow other peoples' recommendations to your post here.

In my experience, matte lipsticks are the most drying. Not to mention aging. I mostly avoid them; if I do wear one, I then wear a non-matte (such as a satin or semi-matte) the next day or two. Don't wear mattes more than two days in a row before giving your lips a break.

Maybe start off with more moisturizing lip products like lip crayons (non-matte). Neutrogena makes Moisture Smooth Color Sticks that are pretty and don't settle in lines. Tarte LipSurgence ones are similar but cost 2 or 3x and dry out too soon (even if kept covered).

irenet

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick? I not only have lines but I have scarring on my lips where it's a different color. This is the only lipstick that I have found that is so thick and creamy it covers my discoloration with having to use a lip liner. The formula is moisturizing and gives my lips a softness that I can't get with most other products.

upload_3265756935383830338.jpg

lylysa

Mariahk83 brings up a very good point about snapping a photo. 

Everyone's lips has lines, and short of getting injections to the point where lips are so plump where lips are slick in appearance, there's no way to be rid of them.

It's inevitable that lip products will "settle" to some degree, if not right away during application, then definitely as the day wears on and product slowly absorbs down, but there's a difference in product naturally setting (which can also be more tell-tale if you suddenly draw your lips in a tensed/stretched fashion to where they are "pulled out" as opposed to their natural, relaxed state) and when product appears to "clump" and gather too thickly at certain areas.

What is the time frame at which you're noticing the settling? Is it right when you apply? Is it a few minutes in? Or a few hours of wear?

Lip plumpers do tend to help smooth the surface texture of lips as the stimulation causes increased blood flow to the surface of lips, causing a plumping and smoothing effect for lines; however, results are temporary.

ashleenicoleex3

(0) Hearts

I notice the lines sometimes right away if not a few minutes in.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Could you snap a photo? It would be beneficial to cancel out the possibility that it's just the natural occurrence of settling.

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

Do you have a picture perhaps of your lips with the bleeding/feathering?  Possibly it's the brand lipstick or color? Just trying to throw some other possibilities out there

ashleenicoleex3

(0) Hearts

It's every lipstick I use. I use MAC, Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel, NYX, Wet n Wild, Make Up For Ever, L'oreal, Milani, Sephora Brand, and they all do this

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem, but exfoliating and using a treatment at night (every night) has helped. Also, the Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lip Lift is the only primer I've ever used that keeps my lips from drying out and my lipstick from settling in the lines. 

Hope you find something that works out perfectly for you. It really is a frustrating problem.

ashleenicoleex3

(0) Hearts

What treatment do you use?

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

I've been using the Fresh Sugar scrub and treatment from the promo. It's pretty magical, I have to say. It's too slick to use under primer and lipstick, though. For that I use the Rosebud, let it sink in for a bit, wipe off the excess, and then do the primer. 

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

As far as primers go, I've never used the Bite Beauty one but I've found that Too Faced Lip Insurance works well for me. 

lindseytruch

(0) Hearts

Your lips might be dehydrated! I would suggest the Bite Beauty Agave lip mask. It really helps with deep hydration. Put it on overnight, and you will wake up with your lips so soft and plump. I know the price isn't super thrilling, but it lasts a year and you get a lot of punch for so little product. Also, drinking lots of water helps with dry lips/skin. 

Shaelynn

(0) Hearts

I LOVE the Bite Beauty agave lip mask! I bought it last week at an event at Sephora. I've had so many problems with my dry lips and this hydrates them so well. I'll miss a day or two without it and my lips are still pretty hydrated.

kelly101

(0) Hearts

i love the Bite lip mask too!  The tup=be isn't the best - Ive had two of them and both cracked open at the bottom. No big deal though, I just keep the cap on and squeeze it out through the hole.  This stuff works wonders!

armybeauty

(0) Hearts

i would also recommend using the Bite Beauty agave lip mask. applying this twice a day (I apply it first before anything else in my makeup prep), and exfoliating regularly has helped immensely with cracking lips and colors settling into fine lines. Another good thing for hydration is drinking lots of good old water. I've become a much better water drinker in the last couple years, and my skin/lips have never been better. 

As a side note, they have redesigned the packaging for the Bite lip masks, by the way. It's more of a flexible tube, and not made of the metal-type tube that has cracked in the past. :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • malday
    • lylysa
    • Mariahk83
    • ashleenicoleex3
    • kelly101
    • gogreyhound