carrierose

St. Tropez...lotion, mousse, or spray?

I am pregnant and cannot (and don't want to) use tanning beds this summer...I know I will get sun though, and even with sunscreen I will end up getting a tan line. (halter top)

I want a quick tan that will last a couple days for each of the weddings, especially the one in late August when I know I will have tan lines.  (The other one is next Saturday.)  Which of these products do you think I should get?  I know it depends on my preference; to be honest, I haven't used self-tanner since high school 10+ years ago so I don't know my preference.

http://www.sephora.com/self-tan-bronzing-lotion-P261321swfupload_8433742689703581226.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/self-tan-bronzing-mousse-P261322

swfupload_6054357594801402843.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/self-tan-bronzing-spray-P261323

swfupload_5441161331734684543.jpg

beautylovingirl

Re: St. Tropez...lotion, mousse, or spray?

I actually used to use the mousse and loved it but it didn't stay on very long and I would loose the darkness of it within a couple of days. I did everything as far as exfoliating really good and keeping moisturized as well. But I noticed they came out with the dark range also.

btmod1

Another vote for the Mousse and Mitt! I've been using St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse for years, and I recommend it to everybody! I love how it dries quickly so you don't have to wait too long to get dressed, and it looks so natural. I used to just use disposable gloves to apply it, but finally got the mitt, and now I can't go without it. It's awesome! :smileyhappy: -Laura

beautylovingirl

@carrierose- St. Tropez also makes a remover that you can get to remove what is messed up and redo it. I don't think Sephora has it but you can get it at St. Tropez's website.

melissabt

I also like the One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion for touch ups. It's good when you do not feel like putting another coat of bronze and just want to head out the door! It says one night only but its lasted longer than that a few times that I applied it.

one night only.jpg

<3 Melissa
carrierose

I just did my first application of the mousse...I applied it on my back and just covered everywhere, but couldn't rub it in so that there were no more streaks, but the bottle says that you will only get patches where you don't put the product, so here's hoping it all looks great when I take a shower tomorrow morning!

I have one more application planned tomorrow night and then the wedding is Saturday.

sephoralovex

Please keep me updated on how the tan turns out for you and if anything went wrong! I'm also looking into trying a tanner from St. Tropez :smileyhappy:

carrierose

[ Edited ]

I am glad I have one more night to fix mistakes...I didn't exfoliate well enough and my knees are dark, and my ankles/sides of feet look crazy where I stopped putting it on, it's streaky there, as well as my underwrists.  I wore gloves and then applied the tanner to the back of my hands with a makeup sponge, watered down, but I guess I forgot about making sure my wrists were covered to my palm.

All in all, it looks good in the spots that are most important for the wedding...arms, decollate, neck, and face.  I put it on my face with a watered down makeup sponge as well.  I'm hoping I have this down for my sister's wedding in August, where the dress is tea length and not a gown!

melissabt

I like the gradual mousse.as well. It's a gorgeous shade and one application is all it takes to see instant color. I never get streaks using it either.

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

I like the gradual mousse. It's not a total shock of color, I can easily build-up to desired shade, and I can spot missed spots easier & correct the issue. 

beautylovingirl

@carrierose- The tan towels from Kate Somerville are super easy to use also. The color is great and they last about a week. Just wanted to give you another option to have.

P.S.- Your name makes me the think of the beautiful roses I have in my back yard. :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

I have used the mousee (with the mit, the mit is crucial) and it works great.  It is easy to apply, and gives a natural streak free tan.  I have tried lotions from other brands, but no matter what lotion I use, it always streaks no matter how much i rub it in or how careful I am.  I have tried sprays from other brands, but again I have issues with streaking.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I am definitely getting the mit! :smileyhappy:

eadelaide1

The mousse is my favorite by far! It is pretty goof-proof, though the flocked mitt makes application even smoother!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • eadelaide1
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoralovex
    • carrierose
    • melissabt