CBringing

Smudge Pot

I'm using stila smudge pot for eye liner.  Can I add water to get a thin line if smudge pot seems dry?

Thanks

andyhtrieu

Re: Smudge Pot

Water can also start the growth of bacteria and mold. What I did with my dried cream products was I just used the other end of tweezers and mixed it up. It worked fine for my cream eye shadow and gel eyeliner. If you find that it's still a little dry, then try adding eye drops like a few others have stated :smileyhappy:

gogreyhound

yes, that is my biggest concern. When the items are manufactured, they have just the right amount of everything, including preservatives. Adding water will introduce new things into the mix. If you must I recommend using sterile water, such as the little individual plastic sealed tubes that you can purchase for your eyes or contact lenses. This would be the safest. The other potential problem will be if the product is not water-based, adding water will completely throw off the composition of the formula.  This might just be a good time to buy a new product, in the smallest size available! 

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I was given this tip by a MAC salesperson at Nordstrom's, for if your pot of cream shadow dries out: microwave for 4 seconds (just the jar, w/o lid). I'm not sure if this would work with eye liner but I'd be tempted to try it if the other tips people give you don't work.

Sonny4President

Watch out about this! HAHAHA the microwave is a dangerous place, make sure there's no silver foils and don't microwave metal containers :smileytongue:

DiVWA

Sonny, so true. I haven't tried this before but what you say is common sense, but maybe some people wouldn't think of those issues. :smileywink:

dianabt

Hi CBringing, 

I agree with lylysa, sometimes water may thin it down too much and make it runny- a slightly thicker consistency like that of an eye drop can help!  :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

Try utilizing eye drops such as Visine. Plenty of users here have revived gel/cream potted shadows and liners with this technique, add in a drop or two and mix into product with a clean brush.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • gogreyhound
    • DiVWA
    • andyhtrieu
    • Sonny4President