EPaden

Smooth Skin

(0) Hearts

Let me first say the I have sensitive skin. When I first started to shave my legs they had lotion you put on afterwards. It would keep my legs smooth for a couple of days. And make hair less visible. Is there anything like that?

BellaKroll

Re: Smooth Skin

(0) Hearts

Aveeno Positively Smooth is a shaving cream that makes hair grow back in slower and much thinner. It works very well for exactly that purpose, when the hair does come back in it is soft and not prickly at all. I've seen on Ulta's website that they are selling a lotion that is suppose to do this same thing, but I've never used it myself to know if it works so I'm afraid to suggest it to you. I put the link to it below if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6481604

I also have VERY sensitive skin and always had little bumps all over my thighs. I switched to the Venus sensitive razor and it went away completely. I thought they were a gimmick originally, but they're by far worth it. They give just as good of a shave as any other razor too.

When my legs are still damp from the shower I slather on Khiels Crème de Corps Soy and Milk Whipped Body Butter. It's the best lotion I've ever used (and I've used A LOT). It smells mildly sweet and makes my skin feel buttery without any irritation.

I hope this helps:smileyhappy:

EPaden

(0) Hearts

What are some of the aftershave lotion out there for sensitive skin?

HarlemJPN

(0) Hearts

Steal from the men! Kiehls aftershave balm is divine. Great for sensitive skin (like mine), and it is creamy and thick (so a little goes a long way). The best thing about my ex was that when he left, he forgot his aftershave balm. (Thank you, Scott!)

evno

Hmm, I'm not sure about that particular lotion, but I know that a lot of aftershave lotions (for both men and women) have salicylic acid in them to help ease inflammation, redness, and ingrown hairs. I'd look for lotions with that ingredient. And since you have sensitive skin (I do, too), I'd watch out for fragranced lotions, because they can irritate the skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • EPaden
    • evno
    • BellaKroll
    • HarlemJPN