Kten520

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

So I was looking for a BB cream that had good coverage, and would moisturize my skin at the same time. The woman at Sephora recommended the Smashbox BB Cream. Well, after a few days of using it, I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin, but not in a good way. I broke out really bad and my skin was extremely dry. I discontinued use, and after a few days my skin was back to normal again. But my problem is...now I have a full tube of this and can't use it. What should I do? And what would you reccommend using instead?

linxly

Re: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

(0) Hearts

I have been using the Laura Mercier oil free travel set, which comes with the primer, tinted moisterizer, and the concealer and setting powder. I highly recommend it. Although the sizes are smaller, its a good way to try out the products without making a big ($$) commitment.

Still, I'm curious as well to try these new BB creams since they are supposed to be one product that does it all. I'm hoping one is offered as a free sample sometime soon so I can test it out. Since I also tend to break out, I will definitely avoid Smashbox in case I have the same results.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts
Sephora has allowed me to return items without the packaging or receipt for store credit. While I love the Smashbox bb cream, I also would recommend the Laura Mercier TM, I go oil free...good luck!
dianabt

Hi kten520, 

Aw I'm sorry to hear the Smashbox BB Cream didn't work out for you. :smileysad: As each item works differently on everyone's skin type you just might need to try a different formula that will work good for your skin. 

Definitely return the item to your store, theres no need to keep it if you know so soon that it's not going to work. You can exchange it for the Laura Mercier tinted mositurizer (truly is a GREAT product, even comes in an oil free formula!) or try out the Clinique Age Defense BB Cream or the Dr. Jart BB Cream's which are both slightly lighter in texture and heaviness on the skin while being a bit more gentle.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find one that works great for you! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
maltipoo66

Hi!  I'm sorry the BB cream didn't work out for you-definitely return your bottle first thing, since there's no point in having a bottle of a product your never going to use.  I second the recommendation for the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer-it has really great coverage (more than most tinted moisturizers), moisturizes, feels lightweight and doesn't break me out.  I use the MUFE hd primer in Blue under it. Here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/tinted-moisturizer-P109936?skuId=870337

spiritualizes

i completely understand, the exact same thing happened for me - i tried it out and my skin had never been one to be the really dry type, but it broke me out and gave me bumps on my cheek. i also have a full tube, which i was thinking of returning, but i think you can go return it if it hasn't been too long since you bought it, or you can always bring it in with you to see if you can exchange it for something else if there's a lot still left in the bottle. i also got a sample of too faced's bb cream which i thought was okay, but did less covering that smashbox's bb cream, though it felt better on my skin like it moisturized it a bit better. 

i switched over to using laura mercier's tinted moisturizer, concealer (which i have a tube of MUFE's full cover and a sample of Dior's diorskin nude, which i like a lot as well, so maybe i'll get a full sized item of that) and then MUFE's HD microfinish powder. i personally like going light on the face makeup, so i haven't been used foundation in months. good luck withe everything!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • dianabt
    • makeupobesessed
    • spiritualizes
    • Kten520
    • linxly