beauty321

Skincare

Im looking for products to smooth out small bumps on my forhead and chin, these bumps are acne but do not appear as acne because they arent red, i have had trouble finding products to help smooth these areas out. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Spyski

Re: Skincare

(0) Hearts

I would suggest a sulfur treatment. I am also suffering from closed comedones which are clogged white heads that haven't surfaced yet. I'm currently using Peter Thomas Roth's Sulfur mask just before my shower. It has been helping them raise to the surface and dry up. You should find a gentle, yet effective exfoliator as well like Kate Sommerville's ExfoliKate or the FAB face pads. I've found that I had better luck with the Exfolikate, but the face pads are great too. Everyone's skin is different.

To help smooth them out use a full coverage foundation that isn't pore clogging.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

@spyski, when applying the sulfur mask, do you cleanse first then apply the mask?  I've been thinking of trying out a sulfur mask also to see if it helps with all my clogged pores.

Spyski

Yes, but with a light cleanser maybe even cleansing water perhaps to rid makeup and dirt on the surface. Make sure you use a good moisturizer afterwards since it can be very drying, but I have pretty oily skin this summer so its not drying for me.

xpap

Hi Beauty 321,

I would highly suggest the FAB Facial radiance pads - http://www.sephora.com/facial-radiance-pads-P278317?skuId=1309608

I had the same problem as you and these pads have really smoothed out my skin! I use them twice a day and find them very gentle but still effective.

I've also used the Peter Thomas Roth pads before (both the gentle and max) and didn't see any results with them.

Good luck!

michmo

(0) Hearts

I agree with xpap.  I use the Facial Radiance Pads and really like how they help to smooth out and tone my skin.  

I've also added the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Serum and it has done wonderful things for giving me a smooth complexion.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I suggest you try Dr. Dennis Gross' Alpha beta daily face pads. Their very similar to what Keely suggested so you should be fine using them. Hope this helps!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

if you dont find a product that works to cure them, take a look at the products you currently use that might be causing them.  For example, If I use certain Bed Head brand shampoo and conditioners, i get tiny acne like bumps all around my hair line, my forehead, cheeks, even on my chin - anywhere my long hair might touch.

kareninca

I forget the scientific name for those bumps (but it isn't acne) but I got them in my mid40s.  The most helpful thing was my Claisonic.  I used it twice a day with philosophy's purity,  I felt a difference in the first few days after a couple months, they were gone.  At that time I was using a product to help with sun damage (sun damage products typically have skin smoothing properties) but I have ne idea which it was.  I have yet to order the same serum.  I think that is changing this time because I am getting some results with Algenist Retinol Firming and Lifting serum.

mxcx

(0) Hearts

Milia? Or comedones?

beauty321

Thank you so much! Sounds good! 

beauty321

I use Rhonda Alison produts including her cleanser, toner, moisterizer, and blemish treatment. Along with Mario Bedescu drying lotion. These products seem to work for keeping my face clean and reducing larger more visible acne but not my smaller ance. I have combonation to oily skin.

keelybt

I would recommend trying Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads. They will help deep cleanse and exfoliate your skin which should help eliminate the smaller bumps.

Peter Thomas Roth - Gentle Complexion Correction Pads

http://www.sephora.com/gentle-complexion-correction-pads-P114901?skuId=784611

beauty321

And would you suggest the gentle or the max version of the pads?

keelybt

I think you would be fine using the gentle since you are already using other products to control the active acne.

keelybt

Hi Beauty321  What skincare products are you currently using and how would you describe your skin otherwise?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kareninca
    • drrragon
    • beautylovingirl
    • DesertRose0706
    • Spyski