annonymous1

Skincare question?

(0) Hearts

I need some help, i've never been big on skincare, but i usually wash my face everynight with purity gel and then use neutrogena sensative skin moisterizer, 

recently within the past week i bought some Murad anti blemish wipes, and the anti blemish lotion to go along with it. i've been using them in the morning before my makeup and whenever my skin feels oily ill use the wipes. and my skin never really breaks out but i've broken out alot more when using the murad products?

i've asked a couple people and maybe its because im switching to new products? or am i having a reaction from murad? 

thank you guys in advance :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Re: Skincare question?

I think you have made a good decision on the Murad.:smileyhappy:

annonymous1

Now i'm starting too see with patience things are looking much better, so thank god i waited, i also splurged on the sunscreen for summer :smileyhappy: 

DanaKontnik

(0) Hearts

I use the purity gel cleanser as well. LOVE it! I have bad skin texture that has been preventing any kind of face makeup from absorbing and on top of that I accidentally over-exfoliated 3 weeks ago and my skin has been a bit peely. I started using Purity a little over a week ago and bought it in a kit with Take A Deep Breath oil free moisturizer. Great combination! I have combination skin (dry cheeks and chin, oily nose and forehead. Take A Deep Breath does a great job of moisturizing the dry patches while not causing excess oil in the oily zones. In the little over a week I've been using these products together I've noticed better skin texture, better coloring, brighter skin and ZERO blemishes. They sell them in a kit at Philosophy and Ulta. Surprisingly, Sephora has not started selling this kit and only sells the products separately for like $15-$20 more than the bundled kit.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

thats so surprsing because usually ulta doesent have kits and sephora has basically a kit for every brand, but purity i never really thought of it as an ance preventer, more of like a makeup remover but i really do love it, i use the gel one though the other one took more product to actually use everyday i ran out too fast

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@annonymous1- I would definitely nor be using the wipes and the purity cleanser together I just think it's too much and could be causing the breakouts. All of the things your using together is probably what is breaking out your skin. Hope this helps!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

its been a week today and my skin has gotten MUCH better, the pimples i think it was honestly just my skin adjusting, i'm like the murad alot now especially the skin perfection lotion because it smells really good just murad products are expensive lol

so far everything is getting much better i'm just bieng patient with it

mxcx

If your skin doesn't really break out, I think you might not need the Murad wipes and they might be adversely affecting your skin. I have really acne-prone skin and break out all the time, and I've used the Murad line before and it just aggravated my breakouts because all the products were so drying.

I just took a look at the wipes you're talking about. They don't appear to have salicylic acid, but they do have witch hazel and alcohol in them, which can be really drying to your skin, especially if your skin isn't used to anti-acne and anti-oil products. What could be happening is that the wipes dry out your skin, your skin isn't used to it and tries to produce more oil to combat the dryness, and the extra oil is causing the sebum to clog up your pores and break you out. 

On the flip side, if you've only been using the wipes for a week or so, your skin might just be adjusting. I'd give the wipes another week or two if you really want to keep on using them, and if you're still breaking out, discontinue.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

yeah its been about a week now, and it has appeared to clear up mostly its not really making me breakout as bad so hopefully it will stay that way

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

And how many products she is or isn't using.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

So are you using the Murad wipes with the Purity gel cleanser and the anti-blemish lotion or just the wipes and the anti-blemish lotion?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

She also made mention of the Neutrogena lotion.

To Annonymous1, could you give us a run down of your AM and your PM routine? It can help clarify what products are used when.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Am routine would basically be i wake up, use the anti blemish wipes and then wash my face with purity, and then i use the skin perfecting lotion after and then start with my makeup.

Pm would basically be the same thing, without applying makeup after. 

But i replaced the neutrogena lotion for the murad lotion because the lady and sephora told me it would be smarter to use the line as a whole instead of just a couple products

jennypenny1995

I'll be up front and say I've not gone over to the Murad page to read about their wipes, but, in general, WIPES ARE A NO-NO.  You need to thoroughly CLEANSE your face.  Doing so involves water to effectively remove the dirt and oil.  Otherwise, you just smear it all around and/or leave behind a layer of chemicals that can be irritating.  Murad is awesome, but I'd recommend their Time Release Cleanser instead of what you're using.  

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Yes i went today and the lady gave me a little sample of that, i'm just trying to see before i use it if the murad is effecting my skin adversley because if it is i don't wanna keep using murad products :smileysad:

starletta8

I don't want to contradict you, but wipes have their place- especially if they're used to remove makeup prior to cleansing (which is what they're really designed to do).  Most cleaners are not also meant to specifically remove makeup- so you do need both products. Unfortunately, many people only do one or the other.

nebel

Agreed with Starletta8- wipes are not a replacement for washing your face, simply another step in the process.  If you don't use wipes, you should still wash your face twice, once to remove makeup and a second time to really clean your face.

jennypenny1995

Yes, but unfortunately MOST people that use wipes are starting to use them as their ONLY source of cleansing.  The milk formula I use melts all traces of makeup away, so I don't find any left to cleanse again when my cotton pads come back spotless.  That's just me and my products, though.

Still, the word needs to get out that wipes are for convenience and not as a SOLE product to cleanse.

lylysa

The original poster did state she uses the Purity gel cleanser and just recently moreso started with the wipes.

annonymous1

Yes i do use the wipes pre cleaning my face with the purity, to make sure the purity takes off whatever the wipes didnt

starletta8

That's exactly how they're meant to be used!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • annonymous1
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8
    • nebel