Answer
caitiie
Skincare help!!

I am 20 years old and I want a product that will start the prevention of wrinkles, since I feel like my forehead is starting to crease!! I also would like it to minimize my pores and just improve my skin quality overall! I have combination skin that can be sensitive at times, any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
janinebt
Answered

Hi caitiie,

We just started carrying a brand new Kate Somerville product called Dilo Oil Restorative Treatment. This stuff is incredible! It's harvested from Fiji and is designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for visibly younger looking skin. It's like the fountain of youth in a bottle.

swfupload_3593681521492028018.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/dilo-oil-restorative-treatment-P382353?skuId=1555234

In terms of pore minimizing I'd recommend trying NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep. It fills in fine lines and minimizes visible pores.

swfupload_2352217066016391492.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/skin-smoothing-face-prep-P261210?skuId=1236835

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lmgr
Answered

The Glamglow mask! Its my all time favorite beauty product, and targets wrinkles, pores, and other skin concerns. Everyone has complimented my skin since I started using it..i've recommended it to 3 other friends, and i've seen vast improvement on their skin too.

jc2013
Answered
(0) Hearts

thanks!

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

Another user not long ago has a similar inquiry.

For being just 20 years old, start with a vitamin C based or antioxidant rich serum or treatment. Vitamin C boosts natural collagen product to soften lines, keep skin tone even, combat against oxidative and free radical damage (which is found in the atmosphere and UV rays and can break down healthy cells, leading to lines, discoloration, and loss of elasticity). It's a great way to begin protecting and treating skin without diving in too deep waters and overloading skin.

For AM or PM, Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum is a great way to pack a heft dose of vitamin C into your regimen. The serum is also fortified with sodium hyaluronate, a humectant that binds healthy moisture drawn from the atmosphere to keep properly hydrated and helps with softening imperfections like fine lines, helping to "plump" up areas where elasticity is at a loss.
swfupload_1996290294508667208.jpg

Another serum that can work for AM or PM that is antioxidant and vitamin rich is Kate Somerville's Total Vitamin Antioxidant Serum. It contains vitamins C and E, which benefits are covered above while vitamin E helps to soothe and condition skin, it also utilizes sodium hyaluronate, as well as arginine, an amino acid that helps keep skin even and healthy:
swfupload_5630345247303024178.jpg

Another antioxidant serum is FAB's Facial Radiance Serum, containing licorice (to keep skin bright and even), vitamin C, and antioxidants drawn from various sources included grape seed extract:
swfupload_6033786459506735389.jpg

In regards to pores, it's important to understand that over the counter products can only treat and improve the appearance of pores, not actually shrink or make them smaller. Pore targeting and treatment products work by aiming to keep pores clear to they are less noticeable along with strengthening pore walls to ensure they're healthy and aren't prone to showing issues.

Try a toner such as Murad's Clarifying Toner or Korres' Pomegrate Toner, both work for combination skin and contain witch hazel, a natural astringent aimed to keep pores clean and oil balanced as to not clog skin. Both formulas also contain antioxidants (the Murad one through grape seed extract and the Korres toner through pomegranate extract) to balance skin.

If you're not wanting a toner, try a pore targeting serum or product such as Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Pore Refiner which uses tea tree to keep skin void of microbials, flax seed to absorb excess oil and shine, and silica based microspheres to diffuse the appearance of large or visible pores.

Similar products include Boscia's No Shine T Zone Treatment (great for sensitive skin, uses charcoal and artichoke extract to boost oil control and strengthen pore walls as well as silica to smooth the appearance of skin), Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector (uses salicylic acid to keep pores clean and oil managed plus alguronic acid and oligosaccharides to keep pores resilent), and Clinique's Pore Refining Solution Stay Matte Hydrator (and oil free, light weight product to target and keep skin balanced and looking fresh).

Some make up primers and other pore focused items to look into are found here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily/Primer-for-oily-skin/m-p/610795#M701

Keep in mind it's also important to be sure you use a SPF in the day time no matter what the weather looks like. SPF will help to combat the ill effects that vitamin C does, but also help to guard against wrinkles, sun damage, and a slew of other problems.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • jc2013
    • lmgr
    • caitiie
Photos5
  • swfupload_1996290294508667208.jpg
  • swfupload_5630345247303024178.jpg