hbfred

Skin discoloration

Hi, I am looking for a treatment for my skin discoloration. I have both sun spots and acne scars. It has gotten to the point that I actually appear to have a dirty face a lot of the time. Any suggestions? Thanks

hbfred

Re: Skin discoloration

(0) Hearts

Thank you everyone! I ordered the Murad product! 

janinebt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi hbfred,

I've been using the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum for about one week now. I have noticed that some of my dark marks are fading. I would recommend trying it as well. Simply apply it during the evenings only right after cleansing your face but before moisturizing. 

swfupload_1030223382099623871.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
poemelyric

I agree that Murad is the best.  I use their acne system and I've been using the Rapid age spot and pigment lightening serum and I've seen much improvement in my scars.

kd006

I currently am testing the murad post acne lightening serum.. Not sure exactly what its called.. I don't have it on me now.. but so far so good. It has a strong smell kinda like rubbing alcohol but my skin seems to like it. Too soon to give a full review of it but I will update after I know!

hbfred

I have tried the Clinique without much luck...will look into the Murad serum

emmaclaire

Ah, sorry to hear that.  I checked after I posted and wanted to give you a heads up that the Murad serum is called Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum.

There's also a Sephora brand treatment that's just called Sephora Dark Spot Minimizing Serum, Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector, Dr. Brandt Dark Spots No More Serum, Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector, and Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me Pigment Lightening Serum.

I know I just gave you like 50 suggestions, so if you don't get any answers from people about products they have used and been successful, I would suggest checking out MakeUpAlley for more reviews and going to Sephora to get some samples.  Good luck!

lylysa

The key with lightening treatments or products for discoloration is understanding the active ingredients used, there have been a couple of threads posted by those with hyperpigmentation, discoloration, and dull skin that might be of some help:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Combo-Normal-Skin/Whitening-my-skin/qaq-p/408849

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Dry/dull-face-and-dark-circles/m-p/432931/highlight/true#M203

emmaclaire

Hi there!  There are a number of treatments for hyper pigmentation (dark spots on the skin) and finding the right one for you might take some experimenting.

I think Murad makes a serum that is designed to fade dark scars and other marks.  Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is also designed to minimize the appearance of uneven pigment.

For the scarring from acne, you might even want to look into a topical cream or gel designed to fade scars.  Mederma has made my younger sister's dark, raised scars from surgery on her knee and foot nearly completely disappear!  You can usually find it at CVS or similar drug stores.

lylysa

What products have you tried/do you currently use?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • poemelyric
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • hbfred
    • kd006