mmjs

Skin care routine

I would like to start a skin care routine for my face. I have problems with blackheads especially on my cheeks, nose and chin. I've been thinking about purchasing the strips for blackheads but I am not a skincare routine right now and I know that in order to prevent wrinkles and blemishes etc I should have some sort of process that I do daily. I was looking at the Boscia beginner kit but it is a little pricey and I'm wondering how does it compare to anything else. Please help me find out the best way to take care of my face!

Jen1236

Re: Skin care routine

(0) Hearts

I was just wondering if sephora gave out advice for skin care at their stores? If you are able to go there in person and ask them for some advice about your skin personally. I like to have people show me in person (i know thats wierd) I feel more motivated when I get advice from someone else. :smileyhappy:

Jandi

(0) Hearts

You can make an appointment with a Personal Beauty Advisor for a 90 minute consultation. You can go through an entire skincare routine and get makeup advice during that time. The PBAs get more training than the other cast members. There is a minimum $150 purchase (easy to hit when purchasing skincare products) unless you are at the Rouge level.

linda711

(0) Hearts

That's not weird at all, I do it all of the time.  I had one of the associates demonstrate the Beauty Blender for me before I bought it a few weeks ago:smileyhappy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi mmjs,

I would recommend using strips in addition to a mask. The Boscia strips are superb. Try using them in conjunction with the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. This mask combats meddling pore pests from blemishes, whiteheads, and blackheads. Just using it once or twice a week is all you need for clearer looking skin.

swfupload_4046532856413715942.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@mmjs- Yes it's defintiely important to do every step if you don't plan on sticking to the routine then you shouldn't waste your time buying it. Your skin will improve but if you don't stick to it and skip steps you'll be back at square one. Hope this helps!

kd006

(0) Hearts

The way that I understood her question was whether or not it was important to purchase every step. Like are you required to buy a cleanser, exfoliator, toner, serum, moisturizer, etc. Maybe she meant it in a different way. I definitely agree that you must be consistent with the regimen that you choose because otherwise it won't work. Just to clear up the response that I gave :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

It's true, then your skin may have to get used to everything before it clears up again >.< And you'll be out a lot of money probably.  Skincare is not like a bad boyfriend, the only way to make it better is to stick with it! :smileytongue:

59rushswoosh

(0) Hearts

I use the Clinique 3 step system, and its done a really good job of keeping my skin really clear! Plus, its customizable so you'll get the perfect routine no matter what skin type you have. I really love it:smileyhappy: Lastly, it has an altogether cost of $53, which is right around the price range I saw you mentioned. I hope this helps!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

What are you--a 2, 3, or 4?  After I run out of the line I'm using, I might hop back on the 3-step bandwagon.  I just hate they test on animals, though.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I also hate that step 2 has so much alcohol in it. So harsh ;( 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@elynn- The Murad Acne Complex Kit would be a great start in getting your skin to where it needs to be. Hope this helps!

elynnn

I'm 19 and I have combination skin. I'm wondering what product would work best on minimizing redness, and dark spots. Nowadays, I don't have too much acne, besides the ocassional breakout and some whiteheads near my nose. I'm frustrated with all the producs I've been using, like Proactiv, that really don't do much for me!

mmjs

Thank you both for your input it really helps me out. My next question is: Is it necessary to follow steps, if I venture away from purchasing a kit must I still purchase different steps like the kits have?

kd006

No it definitely isn't necessary to buy every step. You need to do what your skin tolerates. Some systems (Like the clinique) have a toner.. If your skin can't handle a toner, than don't use a toner. Skincare is all about trying products to find what is best for your skin. It can be hit and miss. Just like makeup.. There's no guideline like "You have to do this for the best skin ever" everyones skin is different.. Just do what your budget allows and what works for you! :smileyhappy:

connieconcon

Skin care is something I'm always willing to splurge on.  The brand that has the best effect on my skin is Ole Henriksen, which is more expensive than Boscia, but it's really saved my skin!

You could mix things up though instead of purchasing a kit.  Pick a scrub (I like the Clinique scrub - it's around $20) and a moisturizer in your price range, and then pick up the biore strips like aviscardi said.  :smileyhappy:

mmjs

I have oily skin. My price range is equal or less than $50 and I'm looking for the best in that range so whatever is suggested to prevent craters from blackheads and blemishes as well as wrinkles etc. I have a couple craters and I get constant blackheads, I also want to prevent wrinkles.

kd006

Okay my best recommendation would be to invest in the philosophy microdelivery peel. There is a set that comes with that system, their moisturizer (hope in a jar) and their purity made simple cleanser. I believe it's $40. All of them are samples that are half of the full size, which are good sizes. Then you get to test and see if you want to spend your money on that again to buy full sizes. The peel will last you a long time because you only do the peel once per week. Twice if your skin can handle it. Let your skin get used to it before you do another peel. It will clean out your pores very well to get rid of the gunk and in turn will help with your black heads. On my bottle of the peel it says it helps to minimize appearance of pores, lines, and wrinkles. So hopefully that helps with your wrinkles. Their moisturizer is great for normal to oily skin. It's hydrating but not over hydrating. Use that morning and night. The cleanser should also be used in the morning and at night. If you find you need a daily exfoliator that is not as strong as the microexfoliating peel, I would suggest the neutrogena oil free Acne wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub. You can use this in addition to the peel. This would be used daily or every other day. Depending on how much your skin tolerates it. As for your acne, I know along with all the other products, this does go out of your price range, but the lush greased lightning is a great spot treatment. It dries up the acne, so you just use it on your spots. If you want a drugstore product, the neutrogena rapid clear 2-in1 fight & fade gel is nice. This does have salicylic acid, so you have to test it out. If you don't feel like this works for you, then you need to try something with benzoyl peroxide in it. I believe clean and clear have benzoyl. You just have to find what is right for your skin. That goes for the same with the neutrogena scrub. That has salicylic so if necessary, swap it out for another brand that has benzoyl. As for what aviscardi said, I also use the biore strips. I also use them on a biweekly basis, if even that, because I have heard they are bad for your skin.. But they do work well. I hope this all helps you and you find what you are looking for.

aviscardi

I have combo skin and use the fresh soy exfoliant 1-2xs a week. i love the biore strips, i use them once every 2-3 weeks depending on how much i need them

kd006

What is your skin type? Dry? Oily? Combo? What is the price range you want to stay in? Drugstore or are you looking for something from sephora?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl