Bandit2

Skin care help

I am 36 years old and my skin has changed so much in the last year.  I have no idea where to start when I try looking for new skin care.  My pores on nose and chin seem to be clogged.  I have little bumps on my forehead and temples that nothing comes out of if squeezed, and now I am getting knot like bumps on my jawline.  I have only had a few but they are ugly.  I had minor acne in high school, but nothing like this.  I have a few dark spots on my cheekbones also.  I don't know how to find the right skin care line that would be best for all of this.  I am currently using Panoxyl face wash daily with Clarisonic and a moisturizer that isn't enough.  I need eye cream also since I all of a sudden look old :smileysad:.  Can anyone suggest a face wash, moisturizer, eye cream and even possibly an easy to apply foundation that may work for these skin problems?

Thank you so much!

beautylovingirl

Re: Skin care help

(0) Hearts

I would start off with Murad's Complex Acne Kit and get your complexion cleared up and then go from there. I would also recommend Murad's Essential C Eye Cream which will help with the aging concerns you have as well. For foundation I would suggest that you take a look at Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Mattifying oil free foundation. Hope this helps!

jrperk

(0) Hearts

I would try a Perricone MD or Kate Somerville kit for your skin type. I am 38 with combo/oily skin that gets congested easily and I've had great results with both brands. Perricone is my current obsession but I think Kate Somervilles's line is underrated.

jrf23

(0) Hearts

try using one of the glamglow masks. I think it would help with your acne and pores. Also they have one for anti aging!

Bandit2

(0) Hearts

Thank you all so very much for replying!!  I am making a list of all of the products suggested and will do a bit of studying and then start trying something new.  There are so many products out there that it can be a bit overwhelming to me.  I appreciate all of you taking the time to respond!!

clovisorange

Hi,

I'm 37, same problem.  My skin started changing around 35 or so.  I'm fair complected, and I started getting brown spots on my cheeks and forehead from years of birth control pill use and sun exposure.  My t-zone was oilier than ever, my nose and chin has a tendency to get blackheads, plus the random whitehead, and I was getting painful lumps on my chin and jawline.  A complete train wreck!

After much experimentation, I have found what is right for me.  My skin is now fairly radiant, pores are smaller, less blackheads, no painful chin or jaw lumps (unless I fall off the wagon), and makeup looks better.  I wear less makeup now.

I use Obagi Rx-C oily skin skincare system.  Sephora doesn't sell it, but just search for it on the interwebs.  In the morning, I use the Obagi face wash with my Clarisonic, then I use Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads.  After that dries, I use the Ogagi vitamin C hydroquinone serum.  For my eyes, I use Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream.  Then I liberally apply the Ogagi SPF 50 Mattifying Sunscreen.  Love love love this morning routine.  Then in the evening, I wash with either the Obagi, or I use CeraVe (from Walgreens).  The best eye makeup remover in the universe: Lancôme
BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover.  I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle, so I'm devoted.  I use the Obagi toner, then I use Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Eye Repair Cream.  Next, I apply a thin layer of Kate Somerville RetAsphere™ 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream, followed by some Obagi hydroquinone night cream.  I swear it's all making a tremendous difference.  I can't say my dark circles have improved much, but nothing has ever really worked, so I just worry about lines and moisture.  I can cover circles. 

The big huge thing to clear up acne, especially hormonal acne on the chin and jawline - cut out dairy.  No cheese, no milk, no butter, nada.  This has made an *amazing* difference for me!  Incredible, I tell you!  I drink unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Every once in a while I'll eat a little goat cheese or a dab of butter at a restaurant, but at home I cook vegan.  If I fall off the wagon and eat something like pizza with lots of cheese, I will get a lump on my chin, guaranteed.  For that, I swear by ice and Renee Rouleau Anti Cyst Treatment plus a glob of hydrocortisone cream.  Stops it in its tracks. 

So there you go.  I hope you find this information useful. Good luck!

ashee99

Hey there:smileyhappy:

Maybe you should try Clinique skin care stuff. And for anti aging I heard that Hope In A Jar by Philosophy is good and I believe they have another one that has anti aging ingredients with it:smileyhappy: 

carrie1975

For skin care, I have been using for the last two weeks the Peter Thomas Roth Laser free line with dragon's blood complex. I can't believe the difference! Its pricey on Sephora's site but I got it for one third the price elsewhere..(message me if you want to know where). The scrub is fantastic. For foundation I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. It isn't for everyone but it offers full coverage that lasts all day. If you can get to a store I would get some samples of different foundation to try. For skin care, its more difficult to find what works for you because it could takes weeks to see results. The one I use took a couple days for me to really know it was the one for me

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • clovisorange
    • beautylovingirl
    • carrie1975
    • Bandit2
    • jrperk
    • ashee99