sjmjjo97

Skin care help

I really want to start a skin care routine....I do nothing other than wash twice daily with Cetaphil face wash and use witch hazel at least one time per day. I have adult acne, blackheads and scaring from acne. I feel like my face is a mess and I am embarrassed :smileysad: I need help getting my skin better. 

beautylovingirl

Re: Skin care help

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't recommend the Mat +velvet from MUFE it's so thick and pore clogging. I would recommend the new multi use powder foundation, the Cover FX, or the Hourglass Immaculate Powder Liquid Foundation. All of these would be great choices for you to research. Hope this helps!

sjmjjo97

I really appreciate the advice. I will check out Murad ASAP!!  I never thought I would have this much trouble with my skin at 33 :smileysad: Any advice what make-up to use or to stay away from. I find myself using a foundation, concealer and a powder to try and even my skin tone and make the large pores less noticeable. 

katie723

I completely understand @sjmjjo97... I am also dealing adult acne and embarrassed and frustrated that I feel the need to hide when I am not wearing makeup. You should visit your doctor about your acne and see what they recommend.

Mineral loose foundation and a good concealer give me the most confidence :smileyhappy: I've tried out several concealers lately, but keep going back to MAC Studio Finish. The Vichy Dermablend foundation (used it as a concealer) and Tarte creaseless concealer both broke me out & the Makeup Forever Full Cover just wasn't as good as the MAC.

Best of luck searching for the right skincare regime!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

In terms of make up, go oil-free.

Start with a good primer that builds a nice barrier over your skin to even out the texture from the scarring areas like Benefit's Porefessional. This will also help minimize the appearance of pores, prevent make up from settling into areas, and control oil.

Next, I would suggest one of two options you can go, powder foundation is good if you're dealing constantly with oil from the acne to the point you don't like liquids. But with powders, you have to be careful as to not layer too much to enhance the areas of the scarring. Try fine-milled powders like MUFE's Duo Matte Powder or Benefit's Hello Flawless.

If you want to go liquid as oil may not be too much of an issue or you don't want skin to look too dry from using only powder, find a more natural/soft finish foundation (full coverage/matte may be too much, unless that's what you like, MUFE's Velvet Mat or Kat Von D's Lock It would be perfect). For a softer, more natural finish, try MUFE's HD.

For concealer, Kat Von D's or Smashbox's Photo Finish liquid concealers work well as they are densely pigmented, wear well, and won't clog pores.

You can always top skin off with the MUFE Matte Powder or the Benefit one mentioned above. If you use a large powder brush they can be finishing powders as it will be applied more softly.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The Murad line has a complete Acne Complex kit that I suggest you research, It includes the clarifying cleanser,acne spot treatment, oil control mattifier and the murad clarifying mask. It is a complete regimen that you don't need to add anything else to and you won't be confused on what products to use. Hope this helps!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

To help with the issue of your adult acne, try looking into the anti-aging and acne line from Murad.

The Time Release cleanser allows for a more controlled and steady release of acne treatment ingredients to combat skin issues while also containing anti-microbial agents and botanical extracts to condition skin.

http://www.sephora.com/time-release-acne-cleanser-P254720?skuId=1224724

Peter Thomas Roth has their Complexion Corrector Pads (available in regular and a gentle formulation) that allows for an extra dose of beta hydroxy acids (salicylic acid) to cleanse pores deep down, even skin texture and tone, and help promote new and healthier skin cell regeneration. These will help with boosting clarity and helping rid the trapped pores of blackheads.

http://www.sephora.com/max-complexion-correction-pads-P114902?skuId=784603

To help properly hydrate your skin you can look into a brightening, light weight cream like one from Ole Heriksen:

http://www.sephora.com/truth-revealed-super-creme-spf-15-P268015?skuId=1280007

Or Murad's Essenstial C lotion:

http://www.sephora.com/essential-c-day-moisture-spf-30-P9940?skuId=1207174

Both offer SPF protection and has vitamin C to even the tone of your skin and help with any post acne marks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • katie723
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • sjmjjo97