Denise831

Skin care and makeup suggestions...

I just turned 40 and my old beauty regimen is just not working as well anymore.  I have very, very pale skin but no severe wrinkles.  My under eye area can be a little dry, but I am mostly concerned about the dark spots that have started turning up around my eyes.  Can anyone recommend a good product to help reduce those dark spots and a makeup routine to help cover them in the meantime?  I have used several high priced concealers and foundations and the spots are still visible.  I am open to any and all suggestions.  Thank you!

quixotic

Re: Skin care and makeup suggestions...

(0) Hearts

Hi Denise - 

I am also in my forties and have the same issue with dark sun/aging spots around my eyes. There are a number of dark spot correctors out there, but I have always been hesitant to put a face product around my eyes because the skin is so much more delicate.  To fade my dark spots, I have been using Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital, which is made to gently exfoliate the eye area, and Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum, which is also made for use around the eyes.  I have had great results with these products. 

To conceal, I've been using the Dior Hyra Life BB Eye Creme around my entire undereye area.  This conceals and brightens and never looks cakey or creases. It also has sunscreen, which is important if you use a peel or vitamin c product, and prevents further sun damage. Where I need a little more coverage, I use the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. This is a highly pigmented concealer made specifically for the undereye area. It comes in 12 shades and I have found it to be very crease-resistant. I also like to set my concealer with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. This is a very finely milled powder that will help keep your concealer in place and has the added benefit of brightening the undereye area without being shiny. I apply a light dusting with a large eyeshadow brush.

Hope this is helpful!

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you saying you're getting dark circles around your eyes or dark spots from acne or he sun? If it's dark circles and puffy eyes then I recommend Ole Henriksen's Ultimate Eye Lift Gel.  My dark circles and puffy eyes are genetic and OH's eye gel does miracles for me.  If it's dark spots from acne or the sun then I recommend Philosophy's Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector.  I also recommend OH's Vitamin C serum and a moisturizer with a good amount of SPF to use during the day.  All of these products have worked amazingly on my skin.  I have oily, acne-prone skin with tons of blemish marks...or should I say I had.

By the way...if you need something for wrinkles, try Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol Fusion PM.

Hope this is helpful!

Denise831

(0) Hearts

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I have dark spots from sun/aging.  I appreciate your advice!  Thank you.

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Philosophy and Clinique have dark spot removers you might want to look into. I'm not positive, but I believe products with Retinol also might help. You might want to consult a dermatologist for the best skincare advice. Having said that, there are some really great concealers out there for covering up spots. I really like Tarte's concealer. There is another brand I would recommend, but it's not sold at Sephora and is pricey. You might look into Cle De Peau's concealer. It's one of the most pigmented concealers I've user used. Worth every penny. You can get it at Nordstrom, Barney's, etc. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • Denise831
    • callmefafi
    • BuxomBabe80