jennjenn123

Should I use eye cream and where exactly can I apply it?

I'm 28, but I'm just now starting to think abiut using an eye cream.  What prompted this is that I've noticed my left eyelid has a little more laxity to it than my right one.  It's probably been like that for quite some time, but I'm applying eye make-up more carefully now than I used to.

I've started researching eye creams that could help tighten my upper eyelid, but many instructions state to apply the cream on the eye contour or the C-shape.  I don't want to put something on my eyelid that shouldn't go there!  I did come across Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum, Dermadoctor photo dynamic liquid dymanic eye lift lotion, and algenist firming and lifting eye gel.  Of the three, The Dennis Gross was the only one that specifically said that eyelid was OK, so I'm leaning toward that one.  Is there another product that would be better?  Does it make sense for me to use an eye cream just because the skin on my left eyelid has more "give" to it than the one on the right? 

I don't really have other skin concerns around my eyes.  Under eyes are dark (genetic, so nothing can be done about that) but not puffy.  Only very fine lines under my eyes.  No crows' feet.  I think that's everything.  Sorry for the novel.

starletta8

Re: Should I use eye cream and where exactly can I apply it?

I just want to second the Shiseido eye cream that Melissa mentioned. It's my HG eye cream and has literally changed things for me. At least for me, it's worth every penny.

jennjenn123

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I'll see if I can get samples of those the next time I go into Sephora to make sure I don't have any sensitivity before committing to anything.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also Dr. Perricone has the Acyl-Glutathione Eye lid Serum.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Jennjenn123,

You do want to use an eye cream that says its safe for the upper lid. The Dr. Dennis gross eye cream is a good option. it will also help with fine lines and wrinkles since it has retinol. Retinol will also help smooth out and resurface the skin. I also suggest these other eye creams as well (that are safe for the upper lid).

Dermadoctor Photo Dynamic Therapy™ Liquid Red Light Eye Lift Lotion

http://www.sephora.com/photo-dynamic-therapy-liquid-red-light-eye-lift-lotion-P376241?skuId=1460922

dermadoctor.jpg

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

countour shisedo.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId=1408202

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

If you have never used eye cream before be really careful on using Dr. Gross' products it does have retinol in it so be sure that you can tolerate the product and don't have any sensitivities to certain ingredients but it's a great product choice.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8
    • jennjenn123
Photos2
  • dermadoctor.jpg