megalyssa

Should I use a brush or my fingers to apply Smashbox BB Cream?

megalyssa

Re: Should I use a brush or my fingers to apply Smashbox BB Cream?

Thank you for your help everyone!

dianabt

Hi megalyssa, 

I recommend using your fingertips since its somewhat similar to a face cream- If you want a bit more even coverage feel free to use a foundation brush but it's really personal preference. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

When I first bought Smashbox's BB Cream, I used my fingers; finding that it blended well that way. But just recently, I tried applying it with a brush, and it looked like I was wearing a full face of foundation. (mind you, I have relatively clear skin). So in my experience, you can use either. Both will offer the same amount of coverage. :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I use a foundation brush.  I only use my hands when applying a tinted moisturizer because I want it to absorb more into my skin..  Try both ways, look in natural light and see if you can tell any difference.  I feel that a brush, if it's clean, is more sanitary and lays the cream more evenly onto the skin.  You can go over it with a sponge to even it out more, if you like.

jinxski

(0) Hearts

I usually use my fingers when I apply BB Cream on a daily basis, but when I want a more finished look I go for a sponge or brush, usually a sponge...

Just depends on what you like! Try out both ways, brushes are good for more even application, and you get more product on your face then, in my opinion. With your fingers you kind of just rub it into your skin, which I think is fine when I'm going about on a regular day!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • ShimmerDust
    • jinxski
    • megalyssa
    • wingatprsct