betita

Setting powder

I am looking for a new setting powder. I currently use MAKEUP FOREVERs translusnt powder. My color IQ is 3Y05.

any suggestions?

B

wingatprsct

Re: Setting powder

(0) Hearts

I love Korres Mineral Setting Powder but it is no longer carried online at Sephora.  I think it may still be available in the freestanding stores.  I love it over MUFE, Nars, and Tarte.  Powders tend to settle in my fine lines, but I need a powder for a matte finish.  The Korres powder does not settle in my fine lines and leaves a glowing, radiant finish.  

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

Okay, this isn't a powder but... I think its worth consideration. The Stila Stay All Day Prime & Anti-Shine Balm. It can be used pre or post makeup. I got it maybe a week ago, and it has worked the best for me. I don't like using it as a primer (actually I can't say I don't because I never have) but thats because I have the hourglass primer which I love, so I bought it mostly to set my makeup and keep shine/oil at bay. I'm not very oily, but sometime the sun, or certain products make me a little shiny.  I've used both the MUF translucent powder, and Tarte's smooth operator before. OH and I've also used the E.L.F. translucent setting powder. Stila is my favourite of the moment, because its working for me right now and that's that. But next in line to that I would suggest the Tarte smooth operator. Both of which are translucent.

Hope that helps a little! 

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts
janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi betita,

What do you dislike about the MUFE translucent powder? Are you looking for something with more coverage?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
betita

(0) Hearts

Janine,
i like the MUFE powder.....it's the only one I have used since I can remember...I was just wondering if there is another product just as good if not better...I would like to try something with a little more coverage...

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

I prefer smashbox  HD setting powder. So smooth and really keeps the makeup in tact all day. No need to touchup

daisies121

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I agree with ilovebears.  Tarte's Smooth Operator is awesome!  I've tried Too Faced's Primed and Poreless and used MUFE's HD setting powder for about a year.  Tarte beats them both hands down!

ilovebears

I recently got Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder, and I'm loving it so far. :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

Smashbox makes an excellent setting powder.  It's very fine milled and feels so soft on your face.  I don't think you have to match the color too exactly on setting powder as the color doesn't show up much.  My guess is you could use light or maybe medium.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • janinebt
    • betita
    • sarinalove
    • ilovebears
    • wingatprsct