Sephora Prestige Luxe Brush Set Comparisons

Did anyone else take advantage of the sale on one of the Sephora Prestige Luxe Brush Sets? I've had a couple brushes die on me recently and figured these would be a good filler until I had the funds to buy my favourites again (Marc Jacobs No. 12 for example).

Does anyone know how these brushes stand against other quality brushes?

And what's the difference in the two different prestige luxe sets? I find it frustrating that once something is out of stock, I can't go back to the product page to see comments or info on it. 

Re: Sephora Prestige Luxe Brush Set Comparisons

(0) Hearts

there are a few of the sale sets in stock again...prolly not for long though...

http://www.sephora.com/prestige-luxe-brush-set-P382063?skuId=1542190

I just realized you said that the $78 Marc Jacobs brush died on you. That is nuts. At that price, it should definitely last for YEARS. That line has only been out since September!!

What happened?

That brush is made of synthetic hairs, and the Sephora prestige sets are not.

If you like synthetic hair brushes, you should check out real techniques. The are really nice brushes and they are affordable. They even have one that is a similar shape to the MJ 12, but it isn't as dense. It is the "Blush Brush" and I think it is around $9.

You can get them at Ulta.

RTblushbrush.jpg

(0) Hearts

Yeah.. it wasn't the brushes fault, per say, though it should have lasted longer. My little one likes to use it because its so soft, but she's rough with it, which has clearly caused issues with it's performance.

No Ulta around here :smileysad: yay Canada... where we don't have cool beauty outlets.

[ Edited ]

You can find Real Techniques at Wal Mart here in Canada! Just found out about this early this month! :smileyhappy:

It's also been at Winners fairly often and if you are in the west, London Drugs also carries them

You can order Real Techniques Brushes from an online store called FTBBeauty in Canada :smileyhappy:  I have a few of those brushes and they are awesome

Oooh, really? is there a shipping cost?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It's free shipping over $100 otherwise around $9. They also carry Sigma. Walmart does carry RT brushes, but I've only seen the sets, not individual brushes. Winners and Marshall's sometimes carry them as well. And nailpolishcanada dot com has them with free shipping. Hope that helps. 

(0) Hearts

Yes, i got this sale.. so love it and have not opened or used it yet....

Since you mention about another  Prestige Luxe Brush Set and it only online so there is no way to compare i them in store.

But I heard good reviews from the on sale set

[ Edited ]

Here is a photo of the one that was recently in the sale section. I was lucky enough to snag one, but haven't received it yet..... 

prestigeluxebrushset13b.jpg

prestigeluxebrushset13.jpg

It only had 15 reviews, but it was rated at 5 stars.... so I took a chance...

(0) Hearts

I just got this set a few days ago, but just got a chance to use it today. I really like it. The powder brush is full and soft, and the contour brush works well. I don't use a lot of face products, so I haven't used the stippling brush, but it does seem softer than might be liked for foundation. The eye brushes are lovely, soft, and apply the product well. I am going to keep playing around with the set, but so far, so good!

I purchased this set too to take on vacation next week and have used the first 4 brushes shown.  I am disappointed, especially in the stippling brush, it has no stiffness at all and it's not very full.  I'm also experiencing quite a bit of shedding.  If I paid $125.00 for it, I would definitely be returning it.

oh no, before I purchased i saw this item 5 stars and good reviews... maybe you get the bad set... since you said it is shedding too much.. it makes me want to return them

(0) Hearts

Maybe I got the bad one lol!  I saw the reviews too, and I also have some of their other brushed and never had a problem.  Don't give up yet:smileyhappy:

Oh no! :smileysad: I was looking forward to that brush, too! Shedding = bad! Hopefully the rest make up for it.

I haven't received mine either... probably next week. Ugh. Now I'm apprehensive.

I hope you have a much better experience!

(0) Hearts

Hi kbmatthews,

The brushes in the Sephora Prestige Luxe Brush set are very good quality. I think the quality of the brushes in this set are definitely on par with the quality of the Marc Jacobs brushes. I think this particular brush set is a very good value considering that all of the brushes are everyday essentials.

In terms of a comparison with the other brush set, I cannot locate the discontinued set in our database, so I am not able to provide any detailed information on it.  If your local store still has the other luxe set available, you may be able to go into the store and compare the two sets side by side. 

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty

(0) Hearts

since this set, it only sell online only

but i got the another set, i bought it on sale

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies