michjkim

Sephora Perfecting Cover Concealer vs. Makeup Forever full cover concealer

Hi, I am looking for the best waterproof, non-budging, non smearing, clothes won't rub off, scar concealing concealer that lasts all day and does not smear off.  I'm asian so I tend to scar darker and I have all these scars on my arms and legs that I want to conceal.  Which brand do u think is the best, and has anyone ever tried Sephora Perfecting Cover Concealer?  I am leaning more towards the Makeupr Forever full-cover concealer in #6, ivory... Would love to hear from y'all...! >'.'<

michjkim

Re: Sephora Perfecting Cover Concealer vs. Makeup Forever full cover concealer

Thx 4 all of these suggestions!  Does the MForever Face & Body last longer than the regular full-cover concealer?  My main concern is it rubbing off on my clothes.  I need staying power, lol! 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Foundations will generally have a thinner consistency than concealers as foundations are meant to cover a wider/vaster area so to avoid being too thick or heavy, it's meant to wear lighter in weight and texture. Meanwhile concealers can be more dense in weight and pigmentation as they're meant to cover and target smaller, more specific areas. 

Though the MUFE F&B foundation is designed for use on body and designed to withstand more than your common facial foundation, if your scars are small and not numerous, I would suggest sticking with a concealer. You don't want to be stuck trying to layer a foundation too heavily to give the same effect as a concealer would. The F&B foundation would be better if you were covering a large body of discoloration or even a larger scarred area, but for individual scrapes, scars, and imperfections, try a concealer first.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi michjkim, 

Both Tarte and MUFE are great for long lasting, high pigmented concealers so I don't thihnk you can go wrong with either. If you are trying to cover scars on your arms and legs I strongly suggest you look at something more than a concealer like the MUFE Face & Body Liquid Makeup or even CoverFX.

swfupload_8092093931142320757.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/face-body-liquid-makeup-P12635?skuId=468983

Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation

swfupload_6851901247915285072.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/total-cover-cream-foundation-P376285?skuId=1465681

Powders and setting sprays are also key to keep makeup lasting as well! Don't be afraid to apply a bit of a loose or pressed powder on top or a setting spry (my favorites are the Laura Mercier invisible loose powder and the KVD setting spray)

swfupload_3635178438158739220.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/invisible-loose-setting-powder-P277510?skuId=1307479

Kat Von D Lock n Load

swfupload_3356007686765507209.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lock-n-load-makeup-setting-mist-P279623?icid2=Kat_Von_D_Must_Haves%20_P279623...

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
linda84

I have used the Makeup Forever concealer in #6 as well and LOVE it. It is the best non- budging, long lasting concealer I have tried. In fact, I will repurchase once I am done with my current one. It is pricey, but so worth it. The tube lasted me an entire year. It covers beautifully. Great for blemishes, scarring. I have used it under my eyes, but I definitely recommend hydrating the area first. Get it girl! You will not regret it!

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Tarte has their Amazonian Clay stick concealer too that is waterproof.

swfupload_3429378555894607620.jpg

My friend used the MUFE one before I introduced her to Tarte and she's converted to their Maracuja Creaseless Liquid Concealer, which has a consistency and formula closer to the MUFE one. It's not waterproof, but it's pretty gosh darn long wearing and water resistant.

swfupload_6947281383449601728.jpg

michjkim

(0) Hearts

Oh, and does it help to wear a setting powder over the concealer?  If so, which is a good one that comes in a small compact that's easy to carry around with ya...?  Thx 4 the help; i really appreciate it!!!

lylysa

A setting powder will always help, you might even use a make up setting spray if need be.

If you want a powder solely to touch up on your body, opt for an inexpensive powder like ELF's Studio Pressed Powder which is $3 and comes in various shades. It won't break the bank and you won't feel like you're "wasting" high end product only as a seldom body touch up.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • michjkim
    • linda84
Photos6
  • swfupload_3429378555894607620.jpg