Answer
rdc1978
Sephora + Pantone Precious Metals Palette - ID numbers
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

palette picture.JPGI just purchased the Sephora + Pantone Precious Metals Palette, but I have no idea what the code numbers mean.  I had read somewhere that the colors in the palette are organized in a way so that they work together, but are they organized horizontally, vertically, and what are they organized to do?  

Some colors have the words "PANTONE" a code and the words TPX written below, what does that mean? 

There is nothing included in the packaging that explains what any of the id numbers might mean.  At this point its starting to get confusing and frustrating, especially because I'm sure the answer is obvious.  I would appreciate any help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
veevali
Answered

I believe that the id numbers are color codes in the pantone color system, so they don't really mean anything for the eyeshadows. I think they just thought it would be cool cause they're working with "the color authority."

Each column is from the same color family, so the five colors should work together. You can definitely mix and match, but the first column is white to black and the last column is all purples. Also I think the names of the color are on the back of the palette. Hope that helps!

incinci
Answered
(0) Hearts

The actual color names are on the back of the box the palette came in.  The codes are just the numbers of the colors, I wish they had also printed the names of the colors on the palette itself as well.  I also cannot figure out why they printed random color numbers on the palette.  I have been using the colors vertically together, usually the bottom one as the liner and the top as the highlight and the rest as contour, lid color, etc...  I decided to save the plastic cover with all of the code numbers on it in case I really like a particular color and want to try to find it in the future.  But to answer your question, they are organized vertically, by color family.

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi rdc1978, 

I have to agree with veevali, I have the same palette and usually just mix and match any of the colors! You can certainly use all 5 in the vertical row though :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • veevali
    • incinci
    • rdc1978
Photos1
  • palette picture.JPG