JessC822

Sensitive to Sephora makeup remover

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has ever been sensitive to the Sephora make up remover. I've been using it for the past week and the corners of my eyes have a burning sensation, mainly on the skin. If so, what did you guys switch to? Any recommendations? And would I be able to return this back to Sephora even though I've used a bit of it? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

RaineM

Re: Sensitive to Sephora makeup remover

The Boots No. 10 makeup remover (it's from their "natural" line, with some green on the label) is very gentle, I think. I, too, sometimes get irritated by eye makeup removers. But generally I use Boscia cleansing oil to cleanse my whole face, so I don't usually need a separate product for the eyes.

laurabt

Hi JessC, which Sephora makeup remover are you using?  If it's the waterproof one, you do have to shake it up first to combine the cleanser & oil before using.  I have never experienced any irritation using this remover, however you are welcome to return or exchange it for a different one.  My favorite is Lancôme BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover (which also needs to be shaken before using). :smileyhappy: -Laura

Lancome BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover.jpghttp://bit.ly/15HfwGQ

aviscardi

I like the Lancome one too, i have 2 minis on hand. but currently finishing cliniques. I can't tell the difference other than it being $10 cheaper

JessC822

(0) Hearts

Hi Laura, I'm using the Sephora waterproof one and I definitely shake it up first before using. The outer corners of my eye have this burning sensation after I use it. I've stopped using it for the past two days and it still hurts when I touch it. 

annekevdb

Sephora is awesome with returns.

I find that I have to be very careful w/ eye make-up. I personally like the oil based cleansers, because they are good for the skin and easy to get eye make-up off. Josie Maran makes a nice one. I also like Lush Ultra Bland.

JessC822

Thanks for the help everyone! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

I get that with some eye removers. I find that I never have irritations with Koh Gen Do water (my fav no rinse), and if you need something heavy duty then Clinique makeup removing balm (the purple jar, oily but gentle).

lylysa

Sephora's return policy is great! If you have the original receipt, you can get money back the way you paid for it, or you can get store credit/do an exchange without it. Full return/exchange policy is provided here:

http://www.sephora.com/customerService/customerServiceTemplate.jsp?mediaId=10800030

Here's a thread with some super gentle eye make up removers to check out:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/How-can-i-remove-mascara-without-taking-out-my-contcts/m-p/6655...

Kiki1517

Is it the eye makeup remover? If so, my it BURNS my eyes so badly. The Lancome one works well for me, but I haven't tried any others. And yes, you can still return products that have been used.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • Kiki1517
    • annekevdb
    • RaineM