krtty1125

Searching for a great eye cream

I'm searching for a great eye cream with hyaluronic acid in it and maybe vitamin C. I'm looking in the middle price range (I can't pay $100 an oz. for eye cream). I have very thin crepey skin under my eyes with fine lines and puffiness. I'm 44. Any suggestions?

krtty1125

Re: Searching for a great eye cream

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much ladies!  I've tried the Tarte cream and found it to be nice, but nothing special.  I will give one of these others a try.  I should mention the reason I didn't look for retinol in the eye cream is because I use a serum with retinol in it and I don't want to overdo it!  Thanks again!!!!!

quixotic

Krtty -

Be careful if you try a vitamin C cream around your eyes.  I too had thin skin and fine lines under my eyes and I tried the Ole Henriksen Total Truth Vitamin C Eye Cream about a year ago, and it made my fine lines WORSE and just really dried out my entire eye area.  The skin around my eye was just too sensitive to handle the level of vitamin C in the product.

My sister-in-law swears by Clinque's All About Eyes Rich ($30 for 0.5 oz - $50 for 1 oz), and this was my favorite eye cream before I switched to Perricone.  It really is great at diminishing puffiness, contains hyaluronic acid and my favorite part - is one of the least "greasy" eye creams I have ever used.  Because it isn't greasy, I found any concealer applied over it tended to last much longer.

Best of luck finding your perfect eye cream!

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi krtty,

Another great one to try is NUDE SKINCARE Advanced Renewal Eye Complex. This formula helps to tighten, firm, and reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles. The lightweight texture easily absorbs into skin. 

:smileyhappy: -Laura

prettyangry

(0) Hearts

If you want an eye cream with hyaluronic acid, there is Dermadoctor Wrinkle revenge rescue and protect eye balm. It contains hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate), peptides and antioxidants that should help with fine lines. It is, however $50 for half an ounce, but you will find most eye creams last a very long time.

http://www.sephora.com/wrinkle-revenge-rescue-protect-eye-balm-P102504?skuId=844472

There is also Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment that contains vitamin C. It is $38.

Hope this helps!

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-c-brighter-eye-treatment-P377545?icid2=Tarte_Must_Haves _P377545_image

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

ITA about Shiseido Benefiance.  I wear it under makeup, and it works well for me.  The best eye cream I have ever used though is Obagi's Elastiderm . Yes, it is over $100, but it works better for me than any other cream I have used in my lifetime (I am 50), and the jar lasts a very long time. Regular use of eye masks also helps out a lot.  My feeling is that it is better to prevent as much as possible now rather than try to have to 'fix' it years from now when things get worse and healing is an issue.  Best of luck to you :smileywink:

Manda

I will chime in with something else. Retinol can help as well. There are some products out there that now contain retinol within their eye creams.

rdesigns

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Retinol has helped me as well.  I prefer to use it in eye masks because it can dry out my eye area if I use it too frequently (I get sensitive to it very quickly around my eyes).

http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-pure-retinol-instant-treatment-eye-mask-P173619

Manda

Yeah I just started using retinol and my skin feels smoother. I mean, I usually have to do an extreme moisturizer on my whole face but so far, but so far it seems to be helping with the flakiness of my skin.

Manda

I don't know if it has vitamin c in it (I highly doubt it), however Shiseido's Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream is the one that a lot of people on these boards swear by. Very moisturizing and gentle on the eyes. Also helps with fine lines and for me, it helps out a lot with puffiness. It is great if you have sensitive skin as well. Unlike most eye creams I have used, it sinks into your skin well and doesn't create a heavy feeling - I am looking at you, Origins!  It is $55 in the US however, it is seriously my HG.

http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId=1408202

cig01

(0) Hearts

I vote for Shiseido Benefiance eye cream also. I recently purchased the Fresh
Crème Ancienne Eye Cream for $110 and it doesn't compare to the Shiseido. I'm looking forward to using it up so I can go back to the Shiseido :smileywink:  The Shiseido is the only eye cream I've used that keeps the area under my eyes from looking dry.

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I agree with it being moisturizing under the eye. I also love it because you can use it on the lids, which is a plus for me. I remember someone mentioned using it with the Opal so I tried it and it seriously added to the power! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • Manda
    • cig01
    • rdesigns
    • laurabt
    • krtty1125