jlo34

SPF - oily skin, acne prone, large pores

need a facial spf of at least 30, have Oily skin, big pores, break outs,etc., need suggestions want non clogging and not thick

on zo-medical skin care regimen now, but need spf 

and also any help to reduce bumps on forehead?

and decrease pore size?? maybe a serum or something?

but mainly right now need spf, and i am not against a "bb" cream w/ spf

janinebt

Re: SPF - oily skin, acne prone, large pores

(0) Hearts

Hi jlo34,

I usually just pair Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid with my usual skin routine. It's light on the skin and doesn't leave my skin feeling overly greasy, which is important for us girls with oily skin :smileyhappy:.

swfupload_3085174499093565480.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I have been using Ole Henriksen's SPF 50 Protect the Truth.  It claims it does a lot of out of this world stuff.  Truthfully, I haven't noticed, but continue I use it because I find it one of the least offensive smelling face sun screens.  I don't feel like it's terribly thick and it certainly hasn't given me any acne at all.   Also, it doesn't make me took greasy the way some moisturizer/sunscreen combos can.  

I am inclined to agree with beautylovingirl though.  Does zo-medical carry any sun screens?  

What are the bumps on your forehead?  Do they look like your pores?  

As for decreased pore size...like lovelyred, what helped me was finding the right cleanser.  Find one that doesn't dry your skin out too much so you're not over producing oil.  I think my pores are here to stay.

beautylovingirl

You should go back and look at the Zo-Medical skin care line to choose and SPF from that line so you don't have any reactions that's a medical based skin care line.

lovelyred139

I have a similar skin type save for the oiliness -- I'm on the normal/dry end of the spectrum -- but yes to the big pores and being breakout prone.  My favorite SPF product for my face is Boscia's Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture SPF 30.  It's incredibly light, layers under makeup without a problem, and hasn't caused any breakouts.  If you're in the market for a BB cream, I quite like Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer, which also has SPF 30.

For pore size I actually changed my cleanser.  My pores will never be invisible, but they've reduced in appearance a great deal since I started using Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser -- my foundation doesn't pool in them without primer anymore, for example.  It's also what "fixed" my skin type; a few months ago I was solidly a combination skin type with an oily nose and cheeks.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I use renee Rouleau's Daily Protection.  It is very lightweight and recommended for those of us with problem skin.  Love it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • lovelyred139
    • jlo34