clddrake

Rosebud Salve or Sugar Lip Treatment ? ? ?

Hey beauties! I am looking for a new lip balm, and I've narrowed it down to Rosebud Perfume Co.'s Rosebud Salve and Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in either the rose color or the clear sugar color. I'd like a slight natural pinkish reddish tint (I know I won't get that from clear), and also a pleasant light scent.

Thanks!

projulie

Re: Rosebud Salve or Sugar Lip Treatment ? ? ?

(0) Hearts

Hi Clddrake,

Those are both great choices! I would say if your lips do tend to get pretty dry I would go with the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. Smells great, hydrating, gentle exfoliation, and sun protection all in one. 

product imageproduct image

leasmith11

(0) Hearts

ROSEBUD SALVE. In my experience, the sugar lip treatment is grainy and doesn't last long or moisturize too well. The salve on the other hand is non-toxic, more moisturizing, and longer lasting. It is multi-purpose too. I use it on my eyelids when they get dry and to tame my eyebrows, it's also MUCH cheaper. Any skincare product with Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) should NOT be worn out in the sun due to an increased risk of developing cancer, and the whole sugar lip line does, so just don't use it!!!

HelKat224

(0) Hearts

My vote is Fresh. Sugar is a natural humectant so it hydrates really well. I think it plumps a bit because it is so hydrating! The colors are also a bonus--and the new coral color is so pretty. An added bonus is the spf 25, lips are very sensitive to sun so it is good to keep them protected.

product image

errah

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for something more moisturizing, I would choose the rosebud salve. I found that Fresh wasn't moisturizing enough (in the winter, at least), and that my lips would be cracked within an hour. If you want the lip balm mostly for the colour, then I would suggest Fresh because it's really pretty! The Honey colour looks really good on too :smileyhappy:

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Clddrake. Oh tough call!  I love them both. They both work really well. Fresh offers the Rose which gives a soft rosy pink flush. Though they are both fantastic, the consistencies are different. Fresh has a luxurious, silky smooth texture in a stick form so it is more solid.  The Rosebud is more of a gel consistency. I love the scent of the Strawberry one. 

clddrake

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the response! Which one would you say wear longer and is worth the money? Also, how long does a tube/pot usually last?

gtichick

(0) Hearts

I have 3 of the fresh and both of the rosebud. I like the fresh a lot better- its easier to apply and I feel like I have to re-apply a lot less often. I have a mini tube of the fresh I have been using for over a month and I'm not even halfway through it- I imagine the full size would last much longer. The downside to it is that for some reason the colored balms seem to have a fairly low melting point- if I leave it in my hot car and apply, it will smush up a bit, but the way the tube is you can just push it back in.

The rosebud is nice but it gets all over your fingers and the tub is kind of a pain to open.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • gtichick
    • clddrake
    • errah
    • HelKat224
    • leasmith11