Kickboxerkelly

Retinol heat exposure!

I just received some Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion am moisturizer. The delivery person left it on my steps and it sat under the hot sun from 12:30 in the afternoon to about 1:30. The bottle says to protect it from direct sun and excessive heat. Is it going to be ok??

Kickboxerkelly

Re: Retinol heat exposure!

It only smells like SPF, which I expected since it has SPF in it. Thank god you guys think it's ok! I've been looking forward to using it for a week :-) 

dianabt

Hi Kickboxerkelly,

If the moisturizer was out only for an hour you should be okay with it since it was sealed and in a box and covered up/protected. That being said if you notice a funny scent or texture, I'd discontinue use and you can do a swap at your local store or contact us for assistance with having a new one sent.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

You should be okay since it was just an hour, although you should then move it to a cooler, darker area after. Normally the potency of products don't wear and break down that quickly (it has to withstand being formulated, packaged, shipped and distributed, maintain shelf life when stocked in stores, to finally being purchased. I'm sure distribution plants and trucks aren't the most ideal conditions for heat/time sensitive products, but it shouldn't degrade the product immediately or all together.

If the consistency is completed off, or it smells/feels drastically different then you might consider swapping it out, but other than that, you should be good to go! :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • Kickboxerkelly