Answer
Nicrohr
Recs: Luxe HUGE FLUFFY SOFT blending/finishing brush?

Looking for a SOFT, Fluffy, REALLY LARGE finishing brush/blending brush.

So far I liked Dermablend Pro Face and Body Brush, but it has a short handle and other incidental features I don't love.

I mostly will not use product with this brush, just want it to finish/blend my final contouring, buff in my already applied finishing powder, dust off any powdery areas, etc.

I guess I MIGHT occasionally use it to apply more finishing powder (like the HD micro or min veil), but it's more just a luxurious way to do a last blend and dust after applying the full face.

In my ideal world it would have a full handle (not one of those stubby 1-2 inch 'kabuki style' handles).  Also in my fantasy world, I prefer black/silver/neutral colors so my brush collection doesn't look too crazy -- but I care about function and quality first, so if the best one is pink, so be it :smileyvery-happy:.

I've been looking at the $50 price point, but would be willing to consider (almost) any price point -- if you love it and love to use it.  I enjoy products that FEEL great, don't shed, retain their softness, shape, and quality, etc.  I'd rather invest in something I can keep for many many years than buy something cheap.

Recommendations!?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
DTalksAll
Answered

Not sure why there's another post on this... but Have you looked at the Too Faced Powder Pouf? I usually use it for setting powder, but sometimes I'll blend my makeup with it too. It's sooooo fluffy & soft. Sorry it's pink :smileysad: but it's only $32 :smileytongue: 

I also really like the Hourglass foundation brush 2. I think it's too soft & fluffy for foundation application, but does a good job at blending. It's neutral, but $58.

Nicrohr
(0) Hearts

Thanks Danny! Did you mean, why did I post a different thread about brushes, or something else about another post on this? :smileyhappy:

Eventually with advice from here and friends, and pawing a few in store ... I had narrowed it down to two choices -- so I posted a thread specifically about those two brushes, rather than a general question.

Also, I had posted the original broader brush thread in "Ask the Experts" I realized, which made me think that some might not have replied because they didn't feel worthy of an "expert" titles :smileywink:.  Not sure if that was your question or not; if not, disregard.  Since I finally made a purchase, and so as not to clutter the forum -- I deleted that other post just now.

Now I see these two nice ones you suggested and I might have to go back to drawing board -- and I really like Hourglass one, I forgot I had looked at in in-store once... I think I might actually like it for foundation application when I want really light coverage. Thanks so much for the suggestions! :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll
(0) Hearts
I didn't like the way hourglass applied foundation, maybe for very light coverage, but I do think it works very nicely as a blending brush. & it's soooo soft, but again, a touch out of your price range.
Nicrohr
(0) Hearts
The price range was a little arbitrary, just the price range I noticed I had been looking at -- very willing to spend more for the right brush, no problem. (esp just a little more! :smileyvery-happy:)

Duly noted re: foundation!
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • Nicrohr