Answer
Nicrohr
Recs: Luxe HUGE FLUFFY SOFT blending/finishing brush?

Looking for a SOFT, Fluffy, REALLY LARGE finishing brush/blending brush.

So far I liked Dermablend Pro Face and Body Brush, but it has a short handle and other incidental features I don't love.

I mostly will not use product with this brush, just want it to finish/blend my final contouring, buff in my already applied finishing powder, dust off any powdery areas, etc.

I guess I MIGHT occasionally use it to apply more finishing powder (like the HD micro or min veil), but it's more just a luxurious way to do a last blend and dust after applying the full face.

In my ideal world it would have a full handle (not one of those stubby 1-2 inch 'kabuki style' handles).  Also in my fantasy world, I prefer black/silver/neutral colors so my brush collection doesn't look too crazy -- but I care about function and quality first, so if the best one is pink, so be it :smileyvery-happy:.

I've been looking at the $50 price point, but would be willing to consider (almost) any price point -- if you love it and love to use it.  I enjoy products that FEEL great, don't shed, retain their softness, shape, and quality, etc.  I'd rather invest in something I can keep for many many years than buy something cheap.

Recommendations!?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
DTalksAll
Answered

Not sure why there's another post on this... but Have you looked at the Too Faced Powder Pouf? I usually use it for setting powder, but sometimes I'll blend my makeup with it too. It's sooooo fluffy & soft. Sorry it's pink :smileysad: but it's only $32 :smileytongue: 

I also really like the Hourglass foundation brush 2. I think it's too soft & fluffy for foundation application, but does a good job at blending. It's neutral, but $58.

melissabt
Answered

Hi Nicrohr-

It's $5 over budget but, I think that this is a brush that you would like.

It's the MAKE UP FOR EVER 130 Large Powder Brush. The handle is easy to hold and also the brush is huge!! I think that these are really great quality brushes and this brush is really versatile too.

http://www.sephora.com/130-large-powder-brush-P382378?skuId=1536184

<3 Melissa
ChicDabbler
Answered
[ Edited ]

Not black but not pink either. have you looked at the Tarte one? I saw/felt it instore so I can vouch for the largeness (normal brush length, handle is 1-1.5in diameter) and fluffy/softness. lol

http://www.sephora.com/airbrush-finish-bamboo-foundation-brush-P302919?skuId=1393628&om_mmc=oth-bt-r...

Other than that most SL brushes are kabuki style, but this tarte one is worth checking out. I would get it except I'm worried about cleaning such a large brush.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • Nicrohr